Had my first Dole Whip!!!

Mmmmm...Pineapple Dole Whips!

We usually use the majority of our DDP snack options just for Dole Whips! :thumbsup2

I was told that the Dole Whips are Lactose Free but not Dairy Free. They contain casien which I guess didn't bother your son, but might for other people.

It does have some sodium casienate. DS has built up some limited immunity over the years and can handle that ingredient, though he still can't have whey or any other dairy derivative. We still carry Benadryl with us just in case, though.

Does it just come in pineapple and vanilla flavors?

At Aloha Isle, you can get ice cream in Pineapple only, vanilla only, Pineapple and Vanilla Swirl, Orange only, and Orange and Vanilla Swirl. I have not tried the orange and vanilla swirl, but heard it tastes like Dream Cycle.

I discovered the citrus swirl thanks to the DIS boards and I love them :thumbsup2 It is just like a Cream Cycle :love:

I discovered the citrus swirl thanks to the DIS boards and I love them :thumbsup2

It is just like a Cream Cycle :love:

Yum!

Cream-Cycle.jpg

^ :laughing: Robo, you're too much!

The citrus swirl sounds wonderful! I'll have to try one someday. My DH is a big fan of creamsicle (the man could drink Stewart's Orange and Cream everyday), so I'm sure he'd love it.

DGD with her very first Dole Whip Float (but not her last) on a rainy night in May, 2009. (sorry about the lousy quality of the pic, it's from my phone)

Lauren-MK-AlohaIsland.jpg

I just had my 1st Dole Whip Float a week ago (Well, I actually had 3 throughout the trip!) It was wonderful! I can't believe I hadn't discovered such a treasure before! It is my new favorite must have snack at the World!

I too had my first dole whip on my trip in January. It was yummy. Can't wait to go back in September to get another.

Yum... Pineapple Dole Whip Float... ::Drools on Keyboard::

Ok great, now I'm wanting a Dole Whip... thanks guys! :lmao:

Dole Whips are my absolute favorite (always have to have the float :cloud9:). I got my DD8 into Dole Whips too but she only gets the plane Dole Whip ice cream. My DH and DD6 cannot stand them. DH likes the root beer floats while DD6 gets a chocolate/vanilla swirl ice cream. I have eaten Dole Whips since I was a kid (back in the 80s), my parents bought me my first one (the ice cream only) and it has been a must do ever since. Can't wait for March to come so I can have another one, or two, or three....:goodvibes

For those lamenting not being able to get Dole Whips at home, try checking out local mom and pop ice cream stands, as well as local fairs that have food booths. It's not a certainty but they are out there.

For the true addicts you can always buy a soft serve machine and the mix^_^

For those lamenting not being able to get Dole Whips at home, try checking out local mom and pop ice cream stands, as well as local fairs that have food booths. It's not a certainty but they are out there.

For the true addicts you can always buy a soft serve machine and the mix^_^

You are so right about the fair booths. One year we went to our State Fair and I noticed a booth that said pineapple ice cream on it....so of course I had to have one no matter if it tasted like a Dole Whip or not. When I got it, I was pleasantly surprised because it did indeed tasted like the ones I get in DW. I was so happy because we weren't going to WDW that year, but I was still able to get my Dole Whip fix. Unfortunately ever since that one year, I haven't seen the booth there anymore :sad2:

I haven't seen the booth there anymore :sad2:

http://www.unifiedenterprisescorp.com/products2.html
Dole Whip Mix

http://www.wdwplanner.com/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000232.html

DOLE WHIP RECIPE (VERSION 1)

1 quart Dole pineapple juice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 cups heavy whipping cream
3 cups sugar
Milk

Mix the pineapple juice and sugar, making sure that
the sugar is dissolved.
Next add the cream and vanilla.
Pour the whole mixture into a 4-quart ice cream maker.
Add milk to finish, filling to the fill line.
At this point simply follow the instructions on your
ice cream maker.
When the ice cream is ready you can serve it as is or
you can stick it in the freezer for a while and let it
set up a bit.

===========================================

DOLE WHIP (VERSION 2)

Prep: 10 min.
Freeze: 3 hrs.
Makes: 8 servings

Ingredients:

2 cans (20 oz. each) DOLE Crushed
Pineapple
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped

Drain pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons
juice. Set aside.

Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice,
sugar and reserved pineapple juice in
blender or food processor container. Cover;
blend until smooth.

Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags.
Store bags flat in freezer. Freeze about 1-
1/2 hours or until slushy.

Stir gently pineapple slush into whipped
cream until just blended, in large bowl.
Return to freezer until completely frozen,
about 1 hour. Serve.

I actually remember my first one when I was only 10 years old. :laughing: ( I begged my Dad to get me one after we did the Treehouse) ;) I've been enjoying them ever since and also have my DH and DS addicted too.

Let's face it, these boards are nothing but pushers. Bunch of Dole Whip pimps.

Thnx to this board I had my first Dole Whip in 2004...first of three that trip. But I didn't have a Dole Float until 2008. Took it to a whole new level, can't ever go back again. Though I wish they'd stop giving it to me in warm pineapple juice. What's up with that?

I do wonder how many people don't realize that the majority of what people are referring to when they go on about the Dole Whip is the Pineapple one. I would love to see a poll about how many people think that means the vanilla?

So you see lots of comments about the Dole Whip. Plenty more comments about the Citrus Swirl. But whatever happened to the Strawberry Swirl at Enchanted Grove? It was similar in texture if I recall -- sorbet-ish/icy strawberry mixed with vanilla ice cream. Did it go away, or is there just no love for the humble strawberry?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter