• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

h20/beer/ questions

btcarlson

Earning My Ears
Hi Ya'll...
we are taking our first "D" cruise at the end of April, we are flying in from CA staying at the Hyatt, and then taking Disney transportation to CC. What are my options are far as getting, shipping, etc. bottled water and beer to our cabin? I drink at least 6-8 bottles of water a day, (beer is for hubby) when I am not out in the hot water, and I am very picky about the brands I like. I read on another post that the ship only offers Evian (yuck). Please assist.....
TY!!

You can either ship it and it will be waiting for you in your stateroom or bring your own. We shipped some water and snacks before we left (just make sure you ship in time) and then we carried on a small rolling suitcase with a whole case of beer plus some left over from another case. My sister in law who had a baby when we went also had a huge suitcase that had nothing in it but bottled water. I will warn you though the frigs in the rooms are very small and dont really get things cold. We ended up only drinking a couple of our beers b/c they were never cold. Heres a tip. We would ask for buckets of ice and fill up our bathroom sink with the icecubes and put our beer in there sometime during the afternoon and leave them. That way when we went back to the room to get ready for dinner that night we each had a couple of cold beers before dinner. But the sinks are also small and will only hold I think 4 cans of beer. ( I can't remember exactly how many).

I was wondering about this too. Can you bring on a small portable cooler then? That might hold say 6-8 beers or other beverages? My friend has a very cool Pop-up cooler that she bought at Sam's Club, that I am thinking of bringing. I could fold it up in the suitcase, and pop it up in the room.:cool2:

Thanks!

I don't really have an answer to your question because I am taking my first cruise at the end of April also. We will be on the 7 night eastern on April 26th...any chance thats your cruise?

You can either ship it and it will be waiting for you in your stateroom or bring your own.

You are no longer allowed to ship water to the port. It has not been allowed for several months now.

To the OP: I am not sure if you have any good options for getting beer/wine before you sail. Perhaps you could cancel the DCL transfers and do a one-way car rental to the port. The drive is VERY easy and it would allow you to make a stop for the things you need. Other than that I think your only other option is to take a cab from the Hyatt to the nearest grocery or liquor store.

Cases of water can be left with the porters when you drop off your luggage. Just bring some packing tape with you so you can seal up the ends and make sure you attach a luggage tag to the case. It will be delivered to your stateroom with your luggage. As for the beer, you should carry that onboard with you. You can bring a soft-sided cooler (ours rolls, which is nice) but make sure you don't put any ice in it or it will be refused (as will hard-sided coolers). Your stateroom host/hostess can bring you ice once you get to your room. We like to bring some zip-loc bags to put the ice in so it doesn't get everything all wet.

I was wondering about this too. Can you bring on a small portable cooler then? That might hold say 6-8 beers or other beverages? My friend has a very cool Pop-up cooler that she bought at Sam's Club, that I am thinking of bringing. I could fold it up in the suitcase, and pop it up in the room.:cool2:

Thanks!

Yes, you can bring soft-sided coolers. Hard-sided coolers, however, are not allowed and will be refused at the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter