H1N1 vaccine

Our dd's doc asks that she get the flu shot everywhere cuz of breathing problems (only when she has a cold). Our free clinics (shots were available to anyone who wanted them - by priority groups) As soon as it was available for our daughter, we took her. About 3 weeks later, we were allowed to have the shots. In December, all school children were taken by bus to have their shots done (ones that had not previously had their shots).

DD and I just had the regular flu shot on Monday.

We are ready for our trip to DisneyWorld in March!!! YAHOOO!!!!

My kids got their second mist today and I got the shot. I could not get one last time they gave them but was eligible now and I decided that I don't want to worry about getting H1N1. I feel fine and didn't even feel the shot.

My doctor was very clear that he wanted us to get the H1N1 and regular flu shot this year - and normally he isn't so adamant.

Definately get the H1N1. My son is an asthmatic so there was no question about whether or not he would receive it. I am an astmatic as well and also received it, along with my husband. We had no side effects at all, which is odd because after the seasonal flu shot I have always not felt well. Good luck with your decision, I realize it is hard, their are pros and cons I suppose to both ways. You just need to decide what is the best for your family.....

We didn't get it. If it had been available before our October cruise we might have, but at this point it has been through my son's class already (he didn't get it) and he has autism and I just didn't want to go there even though I'm not anti-vaccine in general. My older daughter was also offered it but she starts homeschooling next week and I don't see it bein an issue for her.

Yep, we all got it and as soon as the grand baby turned 6 months old, she got it too. DH and I got ours early November before our cruise. They are predicting another wave of the virus to hit over the next few months. It is easily available every where here.

This was the first time we've ever gotten a flu shot, so made sure we got both this year. It was very important to our daugther that we all get our shots. We have flown several times now and are all glad we had our shots.

We did not take the vaccine that was offered through our work, nor did we vaccinate our DS11. It was a personal decision made after much research and thought.

I'm not anti-vaccine, but we don't do traditional flu shots.

DD got the H1N1 before the vaccine was even available in our area, so we have never bothered even worrying about it.

My older boys got the mist at a clinic in November through our pediatrician's office. I couldn't get an appointment for their second shot within a timely manner so I took them to the county clinic. They had the shot the second time because DS5 had a cold and couldn't get the mist. They had no problems with either.

DH and I got our H1N1 through the county in November. I had a sore arm for a few days and a headache on the second day but otherwise no problems.

yep both kiddos had the injection without any incident. dh and I both got ours due to our jobs and didnt have a issue either

got the regular flu shot back in Oct from family Dr.
Been getting it for years and never get the flu now, used to get it every year.

got the H1N1 shot in December as soon as it became available to all groups. Were flying over Christmas and just did not want to take any chances.

neither DH nor I had any problems.

All of us got the HINI vaccine. 3 of us got the nasal mist, 1 got the shot. Our 2 children got both the 1st dose & booster. No issues for anyone.

This was our personal decision after lots of research. I know some will disagree, but todays vaccines are very safe and in some situations, parents are very irresponsible for not vaccinating their children (I'm not saying this is the case with HINI, but more so with standard childhood vaccinations). There have been some outbreaks of measles & mumps in our area, due to children not getting appropriate vaccinations. I guess it is the personal decision of the parent to not vaccinate their child, but unfortunately in these situations, there were infants that became infected by the older children, because the infants were not old enough yet to have received all of their doses (Most happened to be at the same daycare center). Kind of the innocent bystander becoming victim.

For those concerned about mercury in the H1N1 vaccine, I know at least locally, there have been thimerosal-free doses available. Not sure, but this may be an option for standard childhood vaccinations also. May not be as readily available, but might be worth seeking out.

So, please parents, when doing your thought & research, please don't just think of yourselves, please consider the safety of society in general.

Okay, stepping off my soapbox...

Nope, no H1N1, or any other flu vaccinations for myself or my kids. I work in a hospital and I'm still not afraid enough of the flu to get vaccinated.

Nope. I'm allergic to thirmesol (a perservative in it) and I don't know if the kids would have inherited that allergy. And even though I've been battling the flu all week, we still are not a flu vaccine family.

Since I work in a call center with 2000 people, everyone gets sick at the same time. My company provides flu shots and I got that one in Sept-ish. They just announced anyone interested could get the H1N1 vac starting in Feb. I am 90% sure I'll get that one too.

I didn't vac DD who is almost 3. She goes to a small school and is over the catching snot from all the other kids phase. The one time she got really sick, she got it from me, so I am using myself as a block (and I know that isn't going to keep her from getting sick, I'm just trying to reduce the chance).

I'm not anti-vac btw, the flu just hasn't been a big deal in my town this year (and I just jinxed us all).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter