Gymboree Sale

kritter said:
Just check out their web site and nothing really great....

Same here...of course, I have boys so it's always slim-pickin's :)
I'm holding out for cheaper prices--I remember getting stuff from last year's Easter line for $6.99 (and DS looks so cute in it this spring).

I went to our closest store today and only one rack was $6.99 or less. Got a cute skirt for DD for $3.99 and some shirts for DSs for $4.99 but they were all for next fall and what my kids need is summer stuff. Guess I am going to have to hit Once Upon a Child as the kids have very little to wear. I went to the big sale at Kohl's on Sat but the quality is sooo inferior. There were little girl striped shirts and when you held the shirt up you could see the stripes from the back through the front of the shirt. Bleah.

I went to the store on the way from dropping dd at school, and they had a couple of sale racks, but nothing that great. I mean, the clothes were cute, but the sale prices weren't very drastic.

Same here - I called one of the local stores to make sure they were having the 60% sale, but when I got there, only 2 racks were at that markdown and it was really picked over. I feel like I will be scrambling this year to find good sales for spring/summer wear. The semi annual consignment sale put on by the local moms club in March was terrible, the first time in several years that I came away disappointed. Maybe it's the age of dd, she is in size 4/5, so much of the used clothing has so much wear on it. What's a girl to do, buy regularly priced retail? (GASP!)

Breakfast@Tiffany's said:
What's a girl to do, buy regularly priced retail? (GASP!)

Never!!!!!

I didn't check our Gymboree's today but I did hit Children's Place over the weekend and did great on warm weather stuff. They had 50% off the reduced prices on the Easter line and 30% off the rest of the sale prices. I got the girls:

3 cardigan sweaters
2 sweater shells
4 solid pintucked short sleeve t-shirts
2 print short sleeve t-shirts
2 long sleeve t-shirts
2 headbands
5 skirts
2 pants

all for $70!!!

I really would have liked some Gymboree clothes though:(

Well, dang. My kids wanted to go to a "real" mall this a.m. when we went to Gymboree--it was at an outside mall. Now after reading about the Children's Place sale I am tempted to check it out. If I do that, I may as well go to one where there is another Gymboree and the only mall that has both anywhere near me is the Mall of America. Might just have to go there....hmmm.

Go for it! That's what my plan for tomorrow is! I wanted to go today after reading op's suggestion about CP, but I had to do the "walk of shame" into the post office tonight...to mail our tax forms! And I used to be an accountant too, it's just sad really. Anyway, Children's Place, here I come! Thanks for the heads up!

I went to Children's Place today and got:

For my girls:

5 pairs of capri pants
2 denim skirts
3 sleeveless sweaters
9 shirts

For my son:

2 pairs of ripstop skater pants
4 long sleeve waffle weave henley shirts
3 shortsleeve shirts

Total:$96 :cheer2:

kkheburn said:
Has anyone seen a Gymboree outlet store? I'm getting one in Vegas soon! :banana:

My sister went to one in Tenn. She said they still had the fish style from about 2 years ago and not hardly any markdowns. She was shocked to find the lack of sale in the outlet with such old styles. Although I would have loved to know if they had the wine colored socks that went with this past winters Angel collection.

Angela

I hit Gymbo yesterday and actually found quite a bit of stuff for DD--however, the sales clerk said that this sale "Was a surprise to them" so that they didn't have a chance to get much out yet. They only had the stuff out for girls 3 and up--and they were still putting that stuff out. There wasn't anything on clearance for little boys. She said that they would be putting more stuff out last night and today, so to come back and check out stuff later this week.
I got a pair of shoes, a purse, 2 dresses, a pr. of pants, a jacket, a tracksuit, and a sweater for just under $50 (unfortunately the cute sweater I bought is the wrong size--I thought it was a size 4 but it's actually a 7--Ebay here I come! :rotfl: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter