Gymboree $4.99 Frenzy

It is because of the new law. They are not banning rinestones but they will have to label the clothes with a choking hazard label. You can already see the new warnings on the website. I got some of it during GBR because I got sunflower t-shirts for 2.99. Yesterday I got 17 outfits (tops and bottoms, or dress) and 2 swimming suits and two pair of sandals for $162. My two girls are set for the Spring/Summer. I liked that the line was pretty varied w/ stripes, or flowers, or plaid so all of the outfits look very different. We have a new store less than 5 minutes from my house and not too many people know about it yet.

Monica

Any boys clothes on sale????

of course not :rolleyes2 Boys stuff is always so much more difficult

I went today and got 34 items for a total of $164. Not too bad :thumbsup2

I'm thinking of calling another store near me and asking if they have a few things in a different size. I like being able to match my DD's when we're going somewhere.

heads up- everything that was $4.99 this week slashed to $1.99 tomorrow. Plus more items. I'm going for a price adjustment. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the heads-up. We have a Gymboree 10 minutes away and a Gymboree outlet 15 minutes away, is the sale going on at both?

Thanks for the heads-up. We have a Gymboree 10 minutes away and a Gymboree outlet 15 minutes away, is the sale going on at both?

Yes, from what I understand, outlet also has items at $4.99 and $1.99.

heads up- everything that was $4.99 this week slashed to $1.99 tomorrow. Plus more items. I'm going for a price adjustment. :thumbsup2

Do I need to bring all the clothes back, or can I just bring the receipt. It would stink if they dropped it down further literally the day after I bought it. Of course, I will probably turn around and spend the difference anyway :rolleyes1

just bring the receipt- they'll scan the barcode and make it happen. :thumbsup2

Never mind found my answer. I got too excited and did not read the whole thread. I know I know..

Thanks! I bought a couple of each of these and also this orange long sleeved polo for 1.99 http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_item.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524445974391&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302776247&bmUID=1233341527219&productSizeSelected=0

I also found a pair of jeans and several other cute tees, all 1.99! There were also cute flip-flops, sandals and rubber clogs for 1.99 but I didn't get any. These were all at Gymboree. I also went to the outlet 5 min away and they had a number of 3.99 items but nothing for 1.99.

Thanks again to the OP!

No PAs at my store either if you used a coupon the first time. :sad: I keep telling myself I got a great deal to begin with, but it was still a HUGE bummer when so many others are getting PAs!

I wish they had more "generic" baby items. I have one grandson that I got some great things for after Christmas at the outlet and items for my infant niece but I have another expectant daughter that is due in June who doesn't want to know if it's a girl or boy.Does anyone know when the baby sale starts since I want to still check it out? Also a dumb question, but is Gymboree owned by TCP or vice versa? Their online sale logos are exactly the same.---Kathy

When I was in on Tues, the clerk told me that she couldn't say;) if other items were going down any further, but there is a new line coming in on 2/2, so it might be worth while to check again on 2/3

I did so good today at the store! I bought 13 shirts (some l/s & some s/s), 2 little purses, and a pair of sandals for less than $40! Yeah!! I love a great deal!!!

I snagged 35 items (3 were not $1.99 ones) for $55.xx total! I had a 20% coupon and a $10.xx merch credit I had traded for last summer and held onto!

The manager told me they will start sending all the remaining items back next week.

I'm so happy I held out until it was ultra cheap! :cool1:

oh yeah I got:
2pair snowpants
3 hair ties
1 christmas pjs
2 halloween striped leggings
1 pair flip flops
2 purses
3 watches
tons of jeans/thick pants
some l/s tops
some s/s tops
some capris/shorts/skirts

Frenzy does not begin to describe it! I got to our mall at 10:40 and the salesgirl was one I've known for years now. I felt so bad for her, she was there all alone and people were just crazy. There was a wicked line with women trying to take others' items when they sat them down on the counter while waiting. One lady came in about 10 minutes after I got there and literally emptied two entire racks of all the sale items left - all sizes, all styles. In fact, she even took all the shoes too when she realized the buckets on the counter held sale shoes. I felt really sad for those just coming in as this woman not only took everything reduced in sight but held up the line forever getting PAs too!

Of course, since she'd grabbed the flipflops in DD8's size sitting with my items and refused to part with them, I just HAD to go to the next nearest mall and find a pair. As I left the store and walked thru Penny's to the car another lady with a kercheif on her head who'd been in gymbo actually RAN past me to beat me up the beltway. Well, we couldn't have that so I picked up the pace and the race was on! :drive:
Luck was with me, I got the flipflops in both yellow and pink plus found the little yellow dress shoes, snowpants, two summer dresses, a valentines watch, two pairs of jeans, and another half a dozen shirts. I saw the kercheif lady there too but she must have parked on the wrong end cause I made it into the store before her. Whew...

$76 and three hours after first reading about the reductions I had two huge bags of 1.99 stuff sitting next to me in the van and an even bigger smile on my face. Nothing we absolutely needed but all stuff DD8 will definitely be happy wearing.
I really have to stop reading these threads though, you guys have become my budget busters...:lmao:

Hi:
Can anyone tell me how to find out about Gymborees sales in store ahead of time? I missed this one. I did get a bunch of stuff online with my gymbucks but would have loved to have gotten some of the daisy collection.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter