GUYS, THIS IS IT! THIS IS THE DROP!!! August 2015 trip report- Updated 8/8

Just found your TR and it's adorable! Fabulous pictures too :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read what happens next!

Thank you so much!

Enjoying your TR! The view from your room is super pretty! I love the EPCOT area! I definitely want to stay at the beach club or yacht club on my next trip!

Yes! The view was incredible!! You definitely should! Both resorts are beautiful, they're my favourites!

Cindy's Royal Table looks so good! I love your Ariel fish pose! Glad you got to meet the Frozen duo- I totally agree, fun to meet but with a fastpass only.

Yeah, I was a little skeptical of CRT because I've heard negative reviews but it was amazing! Just goes to show you should always experience things yourself before you make an opinion! Thanks! Yeah, I did actually get to meet them again with a really short wait during evening Extra Magic Hours, but I'll come ot that later! Thanbks for reading!

Wishes! Dream a dream

We then headed to Tomorrowland to use our Space Mountain fastpasses, we attempted the Maddie face again but… yeah, didn’t work again.

We past this beauty on the way :goodvibes

That was the last time this was attempted :rotfl:

Emma decided to ride for the first time and she absolutely LOVED IT!!!

When we came off, it was pouring with rain so we stood under the peoplemover for a bit to see if it would die down but it wasn’t happening so we made a dash for mickey’s star traders where my parents were sheltering! It was so packed in there, but at least it was dry. Emma and Katie wanted to reride Space with mum and Dad’s fastpasses so they braved the rain and dashed back over. The rain started dying down a few minutes later and I decided I wanted to ride the Teacups so I headed over there. On my way, I saw a guy I know called @Spokesmayne from Instagram so I went and said hi and we chatted for a while! He was so nice and it wasn’t the last I saw of him either!!! I then went back on my way to the teacups and had a wonderful spin! They’re so pretty at night!!!

By this time, it was about 9:30, so we all met back up went for a quick ride on the little mermaid and then met Ariel with no wait.

We walked over to our favourite spot for Wishes, next to the Mine train, across from Enchanted tales with Belle and waited for it to start!!!

I absolutely adore wishes, it’s one of my favourite things in the whole world, there is not a lot that makes me happier! I cry with joy every time.

Once Wishes was over, we decided to go to Splash since the park was really quiet. We rode back to back a few times and then went over to meet up with Mum and Dad who had saved us a spot for the Electrical Parade on Main Street. It was a perfect end to an absolutely perfect day, whilst I don’t love the electrical parade floats, there’s something about the music that makes me feel so happy.

By then we were tired so once the parade had passed, we headed to the bus stop and went back to our beautiful home- the yacht club. We went straight to sleep because we had to be up extra early tomorrow!!!:banana:

WOW! Amazing wishes shots! Did you bring a tripod with you? If not, you have a very steady hand! Great job!

So cool that you met Spokesmayne! I follow him on IG- such a great photographer! Love your Ariel and Wishes pictures!

WOW! Amazing wishes shots! Did you bring a tripod with you? If not, you have a very steady hand! Great job!

Yeah I did! Wish my hand was that steady because that would make things alot easier! So worth carrying it though!

So cool that you met Spokesmayne! I follow him on IG- such a great photographer! Love your Ariel and Wishes pictures!

Yeah! He was great! Thank you so much!!

DSC_0202.jpg

HOW U DO DIS?! You are so talented!!! What kind of settings do you use for this effect? I only have a little point-and-shoot so I doubt it can accomplish these masterpieces, but I might be getting a new camera so maybe I'll learn :thumbsup2

And that's cool that you met Spokesmayne, I follow him on IG too. You two should hang out and take beautiful photos together :laughing:

HOW U DO DIS?! You are so talented!!! What kind of settings do you use for this effect? I only have a little point-and-shoot so I doubt it can accomplish these masterpieces, but I might be getting a new camera so maybe I'll learn :thumbsup2

And that's cool that you met Spokesmayne, I follow him on IG too. You two should hang out and take beautiful photos together :laughing:

I used a tripod with my dslr on manual mode but im pretty sure that if you can get similar settings on a oint and shoot you can get similar results!
For fireworks I keep the aperture F.12 or more, ISO 100 and shutterspeed very slow, sometimes keeping it open for seconds at a time! If you do research, it becoomes alot simpler but it is quite confusing! Haha! He's great!

Quiet in the kingdom

This morning, by some miracle, we ALL got up and out of the room by 7 am. We had a breakfast to get to. Originally, we planned for a pre rope drop Crystal Palace reservation for our first park day, meaning that because of the jet lag, we would be awake anyway, however, the WEEK BEFORE they decided to change Saturday’s opening hours to 8 am meaning the breakfast would cut into our park time.

So we kept checking the site and eventually ended up with 3 different options for a pre rope drop breakfast. Which just goes to show that if you keep checking, it is possible to find what you want!

We decided to go with this day, which was meant to be a rest morning anyway, but there’s no sleeping in Disney so we were on the bus by 7 am. Today was a very exciting day for me, because this evening, I would be meeting one of my best friends that I met on instagram in person for the first time!

When we arrived at the kingdom, we had to go to the far left two turnstiles and it was pretty busy. I made friends with a little boy as we were both singing along the entrance music which was a lot of fun!

We were held at the turnstile for about 15 minutes until at around 7:50 they let us all into the park. I’m not going to lie, at first, it was pretty crowded.

My family went straight ahead, but I decided to hang back and see if the crowds dispersed a little.

It seemed to be the right thing to do and I managed to get some great photos with hardly anyone in them.

I skipped up main street to join in the photoshoot my family were having. I think we went to most of the photopass photographers and even took some on our own cameras! Our reservation wasn’t until 8:20.

The Crystal Palace

We checked in at around 8:15 and we hung around in the area by Crystal Palace and of course: took photos.

We finally got called and we went in and were seated on the right, which is the other side to last time! We were seated centrally, right in front of the friendship day sign which was really awesome. We snuck up to the buffet quickly before the characters came round.

The selection on the buffet was awesome, there are delicious chocolate croissants which are one of my favourite foods- especially these ones. And of course Mickey Waffles, although we couldn’t find anything to put on them so they were a little dry. But who cares, because MICKEY WAFFLES!!!!

Here was my plate! I’m so hungry just looking at it!

Then the characters started coming round. They were awesome!

We had to get another plate from the buffet!

On our way out, I took some pictures of the topiaries at the entrance and went back out into the hot sun.

Great updates! I've only done a ppo breakfast at crystal palace once, it was an amazing experience to walk down an empty Main Street. Tried to get my family to take some pictures but everyone was grumpy and wanted to get to breakfast. :mad: They like to stay up late and sleep in on vacation. Hence why I've only done it once!
I loved the pictures - my favorites were you skipping down Main Street and you and your sisters gazing at the castle by crystal palace. Really nice pictures. :) I'm going to try to take a similar one (looking at the castle) of my kids in a few weeks when we have dinner at crystal palace. Can't wait to read more of your trip report!

Loving your trip report so far. Wow, two weeks in Disney! I think my longest was eight days. Can't wait to read more.

Crystal Palace is delicious and adorable! I like the picture of you looking out at the castle from Crystal Palace too it came out really nice.

Great updates! I've only done a ppo breakfast at crystal palace once, it was an amazing experience to walk down an empty Main Street. Tried to get my family to take some pictures but everyone was grumpy and wanted to get to breakfast. :mad: They like to stay up late and sleep in on vacation. Hence why I've only done it once!
I loved the pictures - my favorites were you skipping down Main Street and you and your sisters gazing at the castle by crystal palace. Really nice pictures. :) I'm going to try to take a similar one (looking at the castle) of my kids in a few weeks when we have dinner at crystal palace. Can't wait to read more of your trip report!

It's great to do once, it's a shame you couldn't get many pictures, luckily, our family love to take pictures! That would be adorable! I love that photo! Thanks so much for reading! Looking at your ticker I think we may be there at the same time this summer! I hope you have a fabulous time!

Loving your trip report so far. Wow, two weeks in Disney! I think my longest was eight days. Can't wait to read more.

Thanks for reading!

Crystal Palace is delicious and adorable! I like the picture of you looking out at the castle from Crystal Palace too it came out really nice.

Thanks that's one of my favourites from the trip! I love Crystal Palace, the food is good and it is such a cute setting! Thanks for reading!

Hi! I'm so glad I found this TR. Your pictures are amazing! I didn't know that White Rabbit had a meet & greet. I have to do that!

It's a jolly holiday with Mary!

First thing we saw was Mary Poppins… ON THE HUB GRASS!!! How exciting is that? Unfortunately, she was about to leave and would be back at 10:15, but it was only like 9:40 and we were planning to go to the mall that day, but (like true Brits) we decided to wait for her!

While we waited, we just hung around the hub and took some pictures of these cute little statues and of course the castle!

And some pictures of partners, and of course my beloved castle. We then went back to the hub grass and watched the trolley show from there, which I loved! It was the first time I had ever seen the trolley show and it didn’t disappoint. When that was done, I just kind of danced around on the grass, just soaking up the wonderful atmosphere.

Finally, we saw Mary walking down the street and over to the grass. We were first in line which gave us an awesome interaction. We took a normal picture.

Then she got us to hold hands and pretend we were flying away!

and then we were saying supercalifragilisticexpialidocious backwards and we finished up with some twirling. It was so much fun and definitely worth sticking around for! Also, the hub grass is such a beautiful setting for her meet and greet!

We then strolled down Main Street and I got my photo taken holding the balloons which was pretty awesome.

We were waiting for Dad to go to the loo, so we waited outside guest relations and looked at the maps and took some more pictures.

My friend Sarah, who I was going to meeting up with at Hollywood Studios later, was actually in guest relations at the time getting served and she could see me but I’d gone by the time they came out! Which was a bit annoying but at least we got to meet later on.

We got the bus to the boardwalk because there was one there and walked back to the Yacht club from there which was pretty cool. I think I’m in love with this sign on the stairs. There’s something about it that’s just so charming!

Beautiful pictures! I love the report on your Mary Poppins meet n' greet; that sounded like a lot of fun :thumbsup2

Over the past two days, I've caught up on your TR! Let me just say, your pictures are amazing! You are so talented! princess:princess:
I can't wait to continue reading!

I love the epcot resort area as well, the views are just so pretty in every direction!

It seemed to be the right thing to do and I managed to get some great photos with hardly anyone in them.

Ahh I see where your tip for me came from! Great thinking! I just saw that it was busy and stomped down Main Street in a huff :laughing: definitely need to try your approach next time!

What a beautiful, colour-coordinated family :laughing:

I LOVE THIS. You are adorable :goodvibes

And this needs to be printed and framed for your house!! Lovely pictures and great updates as always! Now I need Disney breakfast food asap :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter