• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gulf Shores suggestions

ms.yt

DIS Veteran
My family is going to Gulf Shores at the end of the month. Any suggestions on fun things to do? I've only been once several years ago when My oldest was about 7. Now we've got a 14, 8 and 6 year old. We're staying in a condo directly on the beach, and we're only taking a 3 night trip.

You can visit the USS Alabama in Mobile. It's actually in Mobile Bay so not quite an hour from Gulf Shores. Here's a link http://www.ussalabama.com.

When you are driving down Rt. 59 there is a place to ride horses. I think it is just north of Foley. We took the grandkids there several years ago and they really enjoyed it.

There's also Waterville, rides and slides, etc. The Track has go carts and there are several miniature golf courses. There's a nice shopping, entertainment area called The Wharf. They have a large ferris wheel, movie theaters and there are concerts there too. http://www.thewharf-orangebeach.com/ferris-wheel.html

You can do a dolphin cruise, we've done that several times and always see a lot of dolphins. There are also fishing charters, many different options available.

Last but not least is just going to the beach! :beach:

We'll be in Gulf Shores June 2-9 on a big family trip. Our third time going, and we always have a great time. Mostly we just kick back and relax, enjoying the beach, but we do make some excustions.

We may take a trip into Pensacola (Blue Angels practices on Tuesdays & Wednesdays) or Mobile (USS Alabama). We always have a blast at Waterville. There is also a go cart/mini golf place (http://www.gulfshorestrack.com/)

Our favorite restaurant by far is Lulu's (Jimmy Buffett's sisters place right on the intracoastal waterway). The place is always packed, but no worries--there's a HUGE outdoor sand box with toys, live music, beach volleyball and lots of other activities to keep the kids occupied while you wait. It's a really fun atmosphere and good food.

We did a dolphin cruise a few years ago but it was just so-so for us, mostly because the kids were a little young and grew tired quickly. YMMV.

Have a great time!

We are headed back there this year...we love Gulf Shores and Orange Beach area. We always hit Lamberts, Original Oyster House, Gulf Shores Steamers, and discovered Bahama Bobs on a recommendation from Disboards the last time we went. It was a very small place, but the food was wonderful! Wolf Bay Lodge was also good, but we haven't been since they rebuilt after a fire, so not sure...maybe a local will chime in. Have a fantastic trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter