Gulf of Mexico and Bahamas weather during January

halfmonkey

DIS Veteran
I saw that The Wonder will be sailing out of Galveston, TX in Jan 2017 to KW, CC, and Nassau. This itinerary has picked my interest but can anybody give me an idea of what the weather will be like. Is this hurricane season for the gulf or the bahamas region? Will the weather be warm and if so how warm is warm? Low to mid 70's warm or 80 and above warm?

I saw that The Wonder will be sailing out of Galveston, TX in Jan 2017 to KW, CC, and Nassau. This itinerary has picked my interest but can anybody give me an idea of what the weather will be like. Is this hurricane season for the gulf or the bahamas region? Will the weather be warm and if so how warm is warm? Low to mid 70's warm or 80 and above warm?
According to the National Hurricane Center, hurricane season in the Atlantic runs from June 1st to November 30th.

As far as warmth, I'm wondering the same thing myself!

South Florida and the Bahamas can be warm or cold in January. Last January we were in coats the day before our cruise. CC was around 70 for the air temp.

We are from the Northeast so it is warmer than home but that doesn't always mean it is warm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter