Guides

ltktmk

Earning My Ears
Do the guides spend the entire trip with you or do you have time to break off on your own?

You have some time on your own. If you read the daily itineraries on the ABD website you can see the times when you are on your own.

As Bobo912 said, you do have some "on your own" time. You generally won't have like, entire days on your own, but there are frequently whole afternoons and/or evenings on your own. Not too many mornings. The day-to-day itineraries on the website are pretty explicit about that.

Sayhello

Do you know if the guides prefer their tips in local currency or US currency?
It really depends (I know, that doesn't help much). On our Knights & Lights trip, Adam was British, so I paid him in British pounds. US dollars wouldn't have done him much good. And we knew that Landon was returning to the US after our trip, so I paid him in US dollars. But, normally, I pay in local currency, as they can usually use it or deposit it where they are. If it's US dollars, and they're going to be in Europe for a few months, it could cost them to have it converted.

Sayhello

It really depends (I know, that doesn't help much). On our Knights & Lights trip, Adam was British, so I paid him in British pounds. US dollars wouldn't have done him much good. And we knew that Landon was returning to the US after our trip, so I paid him in US dollars. But, normally, I pay in local currency, as they can usually use it or deposit it where they are. If it's US dollars, and they're going to be in Europe for a few months, it could cost them to have it converted.

Sayhello

Hmmm.. lol Would have to get more British pounds before getting to Paris, then, as I only ordered enough for cabs. This is just too much to think about. :goodvibes (just kidding!) I'm still stuck on the SHOE choices. :lmao:

For our China trip, I tipped Daisy in Chinese RMB because she lives in China and for Jennae, I gave her a combination of Chinese RMB and US dollars. Mainly so I could get rid of the Chinese RMB but also I knew she was going to be in China again for two more tours in the next couple of months.

After I got back, I found a 100 RMB note in my coat pocket. Ugh...

Hmmm.. lol Would have to get more British pounds before getting to Paris, then, as I only ordered enough for cabs. This is just too much to think about. :goodvibes (just kidding!) I'm still stuck on the SHOE choices. :lmao:
Don't sweat it too much. They can manage with whatever you give them! If you're going mid-season, euros will probably work just fine.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter