Guided Tour - worth doing?

Malton Seadog

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

In May, I will be going to DLRP for the 5th time and know my way round with my eyes shut by now!

I was wondering if the Guided Tour is worth doing seeing as I already know the park quite well?

I don't want to waste an hour or so if all it does is say "this is Discoverland and Space Mountain" etc.

Any tips would be great!

Thanking yee.

I think it would be worth it for you as they point out hidden things around the parks and they also give you information about the design and architecture of the park. I haven't done it myself but once the boys are older we probably will do.

Yes, thi sis something I would also be interested in doing, but can't track down anyone with experience of it. Might be worth doing on a busy day when there might be little else possible due to long queues.:confused3

We did both tours in the summer. Although you'll probably already know 99% of what they tell you we thoroughly enjoyed them and thought they were well worth doing, especially the Studios.

There's info on how to book them in The Very Useful Info sticky as well as links to reports that Karen (Danauk) wrote when she did the tours.

I really recommend the tours for someone who is a Disney fan. We did both tours at DLRP as Elaine mentioned I did a report on them, plus we have done tours at WDW and Disneyland. The DLRP tours I found were really good. If you can get Christophe as your guide, he is very good. He loved that I could answer a lot of his questions so he was able to go into more details that he would have done with other guests!!

I was wondering about doing this as well but as this will be my 9th trip can't decide if i will already know everything. Plus its 2 hours in the main park away from the rides. What kind of thing do they tell you?

Ro:wizard:

Karen wrote very detailed reports on her tours, as I mentioned in post # 4 there are links to them in the Tours thread which can be found in The Very Useful Info sticky.

Not wishing to sound big-headed :scared: but I think we knew pretty much everything already, however it didn't detract from the tours at all. Quite the contrary. As Karen said, it meant the guides could skip the basics and we could talk in much more depth about things. Our guides were Adeline for the Disneyland Park and Laetitia for the Studios and they were both brilliant.

I'm sure you'd enjoy the tours and you get given a special pin for each park at the end of each tour.

As an example of something new I learned on the tour ~ the entrance to Adventureland was originally designed for Morocco at Epcot but was rejected by the Moroccan government as being too fanciful. It was then shelved until DLRP was born! All I can say is Epcot's loss is DLRP's gain! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter