• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guidebook Suggestions?

bwv4me

Mouseketeer
Looking for a Christmas gift for a Disney fanatic. Want to get a good guidebook that is honest. Not the "official" kind that doesn't say a bad word about anything (restaurants, resorts, etc.) Thoughts about Passporter? Other Unofficial Guides? Any suggestions? (And for the record, I know that the books won't give any info that the Dis Boards won't!)

IMO, the Unofficial Guide is the best by far. It gives unbiased opinions about things, along with very detailed information about all the attractions, restaurants, etc. They even include quotes from WDW guests that are very helpful.

You might not agree with every opinion they provide about things, but they try to give a balanced view, looking at both sides of things. Lots of times, it's just a matter of opinion about whether you'll like something (I personally didn't like Fantasmic very much, but lots of people love it! Just goes to show you!)

Here's a second for Bob Sehlinger's Unofficial Guide to WDW. Not the 'party line' ,but fair and helpful with good touring plans. This group writes other travel guides and they're used to reviewing top shelf restaurants and in my opinion are a little hard on Disney dining. I take their comments on table service restaurants at WDW with a grain of salt.

Bill From PA

I third the Unofficial guide. It contains great info. We go to the parks all the time, (once a week or so). I still buy the unofficial guide, because there is always something in there I learn. As Bill from Pa said, take their info about counter service with a grain of salt. We enjoy most of the counter service restaurants at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter