Guide to SmallWorlds Shopping

( picture the little clapping hands from SW - here-) Good job Mint, The guide is easy to read and follow. So glad you added the prices. Thanks : )

All I can think of to say is "Wow" and "Thank you!"

And, yes a way to earn more credits would be awesome. OK I thought of something else to say. :rotfl:

Awesome job, Mint! Glad you found a game you like.

Dory

Post #2 is no longer reserved. There's lots of information in there now ;)

I took what Mnementh did and then:
1) Removed Duplicates
2) Showed what stores carried the item
3) Added a "Type" (e.g., Plant, table, etc.)
4) Saved as comma-separated

You could put this in a file and read it into Excel and sort by name, type, shop, price, etc.!

Item,Description,Cost,Type,Shops,,,,,
Bamboo Bar,A bamboo bar,20,Bar,Garden Life,,,,Modern Living,
Bamboo Bar Corner,A bamboo bar corner,20,Bar,Garden Life,,,,Modern Living,
Bamboo Bar Hatch,A bamboo bar hatch,20,Bar,Garden Life,,,,Modern Living,
Bar Counter,A modern bar counter,20,Bar,Garden Life,Dan's Imports,,,Modern Living,
Bar Counter Corner,A modern bar counter corner,20,Bar,Garden Life,Dan's Imports,,,Modern Living,
Bar Counter Cupboard,A bar counter with cupboard,20,Bar,,Dan's Imports,,,,
Bar Hatch,A modern bar hatch,20,Bar,,Dan's Imports,,,Modern Living,
Candelabra,A candelabra,30,Candle,,,Dungeon of Deals,Mary's Antiques,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Candelabrum,A candelabrum,5,Candle,,,Dungeon of Deals,Mary's Antiques,,
Round Candle,A round candle,5,Candle,,,,,Modern Living,SmallWorlds Emporium
Square Candle,A square candle,5,Candle,,Dan's Imports,,Mary's Antiques,Modern Living,SmallWorlds Emporium
Aged Log,A log seat,20,Chair,Garden Life,,,,,
Aluminium Chair,An aluminium outdoor chair,20,Chair,Garden Life,,,,,
Bar Stool,A modern bar stool,15,Chair,,Dan's Imports,,,,
Bar Stool,A wooden bar stool,15,Chair,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Black Chair,A black leather chair,30,Chair,,,,,Modern Living,
Captain’s Chair,A captain’s chair,35,Chair,,Dan's Imports,,,,
Chaise Lounge,A chaise lounge,60,Chair,,,Dungeon of Deals,Mary's Antiques,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Chesterfield Couch,A comfortable chesterfield couch,40,Chair,,,Dungeon of Deals,Mary's Antiques,,
Curvy Chair,An elegant curvy chair,20,Chair,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Curvy Couch,A curvy couch,40,Chair,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Fabric Couch,A fabric couch,50,Chair,,,,,Modern Living,
Gothic Chair,An imposing chair,40,Chair,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Imperial Chair,A stately imperial chair,40,Chair,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Leather Couch,A red leather couch,40,Chair,,,,,Modern Living,
Modular Sofa,Modular seating,20,Chair,,,,,Modern Living,
Oaken Chair,A chair hewn from oak,15,Chair,,,Dungeon of Deals,Mary's Antiques,Modern Living,
Oval Chair,A futuristic chair,35,Chair,,Dan's Imports,,,Modern Living,
Park Bench,A park bench,30,Chair,Garden Life,,,,,
Picnic Bench Seat,A wooden bench seat,25,Chair,Garden Life,,,,,
Rock Seat,Run out of chairs? Just sit on a rock,10,Chair,Garden Life,,,,,
Roman Couch,A Roman style couch,50,Chair,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Sitting Log,Fine cut log seat,25,Chair,Garden Life,,,,,
Slim Chair,A lightweight modern chair,20,Chair,,,,,Modern Living,
Square Chair,A square chair,20,Chair,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Square Couch,A square couch,40,Chair,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Stone Bench,A worn stone bench,20,Chair,Garden Life,,,,,
Sun Lounger,Relax on this sun lounger,25,Chair,Garden Life,,,,,
Wicker Seat,Modular seating,20,Chair,Garden Life,,,,Modern Living,
Wicker Seat Corner,Modular seat corner,20,Chair,Garden Life,,,,Modern Living,
Rock Grouping,A group of mossy rocks,20,Décor,Garden Life,,,,,
Anubis,A statue of the Egyptian god Anubis,50,Décor,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Armor,Battle ready suit of armor,50,Décor,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Barrel,A barrel of grog,15,Décor,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Beach Umbrella,A beach umbrella,25,Décor,Garden Life,,,,,
Bookcase,A library of knowledge,30,Décor,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Camp Fire,Let there be fire,60,Décor,Garden Life,,,,,
Cash Register,Show me the money!,30,Décor,Garden Life,Dan's Imports,Dungeon of Deals,Mary's Antiques,Modern Living,SmallWorlds Emporium
Fireplace,A gothic fireplace,50,Décor,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Fireplace,A grand marble fireplace,50,Décor,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Fireplace,A stainless steel fireplace,50,Décor,,,,,Modern Living,
Glass Room Divider,A glass room divider,10,Décor,,,,,Modern Living,
Glass Room Divider Corner,A glass room divider corner,10,Décor,,,,,Modern Living,
Glass Room Divider Door,A glass room divider door,20,Décor,,,,,Modern Living,
Greek Column,A column from ancient Greece,15,Décor,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Hot Tub,A hot tub to relax in with your friends,250,Décor,,,,,Modern Living,
Iron Fence,An iron fence,10,Décor,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Iron Fence Corner,An iron fence corner,10,Décor,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Iron Gate,An iron gate,20,Décor,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Large Rock,A large mossy rock,20,Décor,Garden Life,,,,,
Roman Urn,A Roman urn,5,Décor,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Small Rock,A small mossy rock,20,Décor,Garden Life,,,,,
Statue of Venus,A beautiful sculpture,60,Décor,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Stone Block,An ancient block of stone,20,Décor,Garden Life,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Stone Wall,A short stone wall,20,Décor,Garden Life,,,,,
Wooden Crate,A wooden crate,10,Décor,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Antique Portal,A portal to other spaces,90,Door,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Dungeon Door,A door to a dungeon,70,Door,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Gilt Door,A door laced with gold,70,Door,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Gothic Portal,A magic portal to other spaces,90,Door,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Ornate Door,An ornate door,70,Door,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Sliding Door,A sliding door,60,Door,,Dan's Imports,,,,
Spikey Door,A spikey door,70,Door,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Steel Door,A steel door,70,Door,Garden Life,,,,Modern Living,
Tomb Exit,An exit from a tomb,80,Door,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
White Door,A white wooden door,70,Door,,,,,Modern Living,SmallWorlds Emporium
Circle Pattern Rug,A modern rug with a circular design,30,Flooring,,,,,Modern Living,SmallWorlds Emporium
Dance Floor,A groovy disco dance floor,15,Flooring,,Dan's Imports,,,,
Geometric Pattern Rug,A modern rug with a colourful geometric design,30,Flooring,,,,,Modern Living,SmallWorlds Emporium
Patio Deck,A patio deck,60,Flooring,Garden Life,,,,,
Rubix Pattern Rug,A modern rug with a rubix cube inspired design,30,Flooring,,Dan's Imports,,,,
Sheepskin Rug,A sheepskin rug,30,Flooring,,,,,Modern Living,
Wooden Deck,A wooden deck,50,Flooring,Garden Life,,,,,
Alien Tower Defense,A tower defense strategy game,180,Game,,Dan's Imports,,,,
Arcade Machine,Play classic arcade games,120,Game,,Dan's Imports,,Mary's Antiques,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Checker Board,A game of checkers,100,Game,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Chess Board,A game of chess,100,Game,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Chess Table,A tabletop game of chess,120,Game,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Chinese Checkers Board,A game of Chinese checkers,100,Game,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Mini Golf,A game of mini golf,150,Game,Garden Life,Dan's Imports,,,,
Pool Table,A classic game of 8 ball,150,Game,,Dan's Imports,Dungeon of Deals,,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Book of Guests,Visitors can leave their mark here,70,Interactive,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Book of Guests,Visitors can leave their mark here,70,Interactive,,,,Mary's Antiques,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Boombox,A portable CD player to play your favourite tunes,100,Interactive,Garden Life,Dan's Imports,,,,SmallWorlds Emporium
DJ Stand,Control a music playlist with this DJ equipment,100,Interactive,,Dan's Imports,,,,
Graffiti Wall,A canvas to draw on,120,Interactive,,Dan's Imports,,,Modern Living,SmallWorlds Emporium
Guest Book,Leave your comments here,70,Interactive,,Dan's Imports,,Mary's Antiques,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Last.fm Stereo,A stereo to play your own personal Last.fm user playlists,100,Interactive,,Dan's Imports,,,Modern Living,
Magazines,A stack of magazines,60,Interactive,Garden Life,Dan's Imports,,,Modern Living,SmallWorlds Emporium
Moving Picture Box,Watch Youtube on this moving picture box,120,Interactive,,Dan's Imports,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Mural,A mural to display large Flickr images,140,Interactive,,,,,Modern Living,
Picture Frame,A frame to display Flickr photos,80,Interactive,,Dan's Imports,,,Modern Living,
Picture Frame,An ornate frame for Flickr photos,80,Interactive,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Picture Frame,Display Flickr photos here,80,Interactive,,,,Mary's Antiques,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Plaque,View Twitter feeds here,80,Interactive,,,,Mary's Antiques,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Plasma Wall TV,Watch Youtube on this wall mounted TV,120,Interactive,,,,,Modern Living,
Poster,A poster to display Flickr images,70,Interactive,Garden Life,Dan's Imports,Dungeon of Deals,Mary's Antiques,Modern Living,SmallWorlds Emporium
Sign Board,A sign board with customizable background,50,Interactive,,Dan's Imports,Dungeon of Deals,,Modern Living,SmallWorlds Emporium
TV,Watch Youtube on this high tech TV,120,Interactive,,Dan's Imports,,,Modern Living,
Vintage Radio,A handmade vintage radio,100,Interactive,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Lamp,A standard lamp,15,Lighting,,,,,Modern Living,
Lamp Post,A street lamp,30,Lighting,Garden Life,,,,,
Lava Lamp,A cool lava lamp,10,Lighting,,Dan's Imports,,,Modern Living,
Oil Lamp,An oil lamp,10,Lighting,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Park Light,An iron park light,40,Lighting,Garden Life,,,,,
Torch,A bamboo torch,15,Lighting,Garden Life,,,,Modern Living,SmallWorlds Emporium
Torch,A wall mounted torch,5,Lighting,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Tree Fern,A tree fern,25,Plant,Garden Life,,,,,
Aloe,A fragrant aloe,10,Plant,Garden Life,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Blossom,A beautiful blossom,10,Plant,Garden Life,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Cactus,A cactus,10,Plant,Garden Life,,,,Modern Living,SmallWorlds Emporium
Conical Tree,A conical tree,20,Plant,Garden Life,,,,,
Daisies,A bed of daisies,20,Plant,Garden Life,,,,,
Dead Bush,Was once a beautiful flowering shrub,10,Plant,Garden Life,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Dead Tree,A lifeless tree,20,Plant,Garden Life,,,,,
Flower Vase,A glass vase with flowers,5,Plant,Garden Life,Dan's Imports,,Mary's Antiques,Modern Living,SmallWorlds Emporium
Hedge,A hedge,15,Plant,Garden Life,,,,,
Horror Bush,This plant breaths poison,10,Plant,Garden Life,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Large Tree,A large tree,40,Plant,Garden Life,,,,,
Leafy Shrub,A leafy shrub,10,Plant,Garden Life,Dan's Imports,,,Modern Living,
Maple Tree,A sugar maple,40,Plant,Garden Life,,,,,
Marram Grass,A type of grass found on sand dunes,20,Plant,Garden Life,,,,,
Marram Grass Clump,A type of grass found on sand dunes,35,Plant,Garden Life,,,,,
Medium Tree,A medium sized tree,30,Plant,Garden Life,,,,,
Mulberry,A potted mulberry bush,10,Plant,Garden Life,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Palm Tree,A palm tree,30,Plant,Garden Life,,,,,
Pink Flower,A pink flower,10,Plant,Garden Life,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Red Daisy,A red daisy cluster,10,Plant,Garden Life,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Red Flower,A red flower,10,Plant,Garden Life,,,,Modern Living,
Rose,A beautiful rose,5,Plant,Garden Life,,,Mary's Antiques,Modern Living,SmallWorlds Emporium
Roses,A bed of roses,20,Plant,Garden Life,,,,,
Rubber Plant,A rubber plant,10,Plant,Garden Life,Dan's Imports,,,Modern Living,
Sabal Palmetto,A sabal fan palm,20,Plant,Garden Life,,,,,
Small Aloe,A miniature aloe,10,Plant,Garden Life,,,,Modern Living,
Small Palm,A small palm tree,20,Plant,Garden Life,,,,,
Succulent,Long leafed cactus,20,Plant,Garden Life,,,,,
Tall Cactus,A tall cactus,10,Plant,Garden Life,,,,Modern Living,SmallWorlds Emporium
Tropical Bush,Bush from the jungles of India,20,Plant,Garden Life,,,,,
Tulip,An array of tulips,10,Plant,Garden Life,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Wild Cactus,A wild desert cactus,30,Plant,Garden Life,,,,,
Yucca,A yucca plant,10,Plant,Garden Life,Dan's Imports,,,Modern Living,
Oasis Hot Tub,An ancient desert hot spring bath,250,Pool,Garden Life,,,,,
Bear Rug,An impressive ursine pelt,30,Rug,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Large Patterned Rug,A large patterned rug,30,Rug,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Persian Rug,A rug from Persia,30,Rug,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Alloy Table,Advanced alloy table,30,Table,,Dan's Imports,,,,
Bar Table,A wooden bar,30,Table,,,Dungeon of Deals,Mary's Antiques,,SmallWorlds Emporium
Café Table,A steel café table,30,Table,Garden Life,,,,,
Checker Table,A tabletop game of checkers,120,Table,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Chinese Checker Table,A tabletop game of Chinese checkers,140,Table,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Coffee Table,A low profile table,25,Table,,,,,Modern Living,
Coffee Table,A wood and steel coffee table,25,Table,,,,,Modern Living,
Gold Coffee Table,A gold coffee table with a marble top,20,Table,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Mahogany Table,A table of solid mahogany,40,Table,,,Dungeon of Deals,Mary's Antiques,Modern Living,SmallWorlds Emporium
Meeting Table,A large square table,80,Table,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Outdoor Table,An outdoor table,30,Table,Garden Life,,,,,
Picnic Table,A picnic table,25,Table,Garden Life,,,,,
Shaded Table,An umbrella and table,30,Table,Garden Life,,,,,
Wicker Table,Modular table,20,Table,Garden Life,,,,Modern Living,
Wooden Coffee Table,A wooden coffee table with gold trim,20,Table,,,,Mary's Antiques,,
Arch Window,An arched window,50,Window,,,,,,
Arched Window,A gothic arched window,50,Window,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Double-Hung Window,A double-hung window,50,Window,,,Dungeon of Deals,,,
Pressurized Window,A pressurized window,50,Window,,Dan's Imports,,,,
Tilt Window,A tilt window,50,Window,Garden Life,,,,Modern Living,SmallWorlds Emporium

oh no another smarts person ROFL

thanks bopper!

Is anyone on here making contributions to the SmallWorlds wiki? I've never edited a wiki article before, but I want to try to put this on there. I read a while ago that they were having image problems. Is this still going on? Because it's kind of pointless to have the list of items on there if you can't see the image that each list item is pointing to.

Is anyone on here making contributions to the SmallWorlds wiki? I've never edited a wiki article before, but I want to try to put this on there. I read a while ago that they were having image problems. Is this still going on? Because it's kind of pointless to have the list of items on there if you can't see the image that each list item is pointing to.

Hey Mint!

Haven't done anything like this before, but I messed with this today until I got it looking (what I consider) good in terms of photos and formatting.

If you like it and want me to tell you how / what I did, let me know.

If you hate it, and want me to delete it all, it's your work... happy to do so. Let me know.

If you like it, don't want to deal with it, and want me to do the rest of the shops (giving you credit for the work as I did with Dan's Imports of course), let me know.

If you just want a cookie, let me know. :goodvibes

Dan's Imports on Wiki

- Dreams

Hey Mint!

Haven't done anything like this before, but I messed with this today until I got it looking (what I consider) good in terms of photos and formatting.

If you like it and want me to tell you how / what I did, let me know.

If you hate it, and want me to delete it all, it's your work... happy to do so. Let me know.

If you like it, don't want to deal with it, and want me to do the rest of the shops (giving you credit for the work as I did with Dan's Imports of course), let me know.

If you just want a cookie, let me know. :goodvibes

Dan's Imports on Wiki

- Dreams

Looks good! I was thinking about adding one more thing, though. The information that I added to the bottom of the second post. I just think it might be helpful to know what items you can ONLY get in that particular store. If that sounds like a good idea, I'll add it to that page. I suppose I can just look at what you did with Dan's Imports and basically copy it for the other shops, so you don't have to worry about doing any more.

ETA: I noticed GoofyWaterCoaster put up the article on Modern Living. I hope the both of you don't mind, but I made a couple edits to both pages just to make them look uniform.

Looks good!
Thanks!

I was thinking about adding one more thing, though. The information that I added to the bottom of the second post. I just think it might be helpful to know what items you can ONLY get in that particular store. If that sounds like a good idea, I'll add it to that page.
I think this is a GREAT thing to have included. I didn't realize so many items were offered in multiple places. I saw how you put it on Wiki and I would just like to throw out 1 thought.

The "exclusive" items are in a numbered list. The entire map/item listing is coordinated based on matching numbers. The exclusive item numbers don't match the overall numbered list, which can be a little confusing.

Maybe you could place "exclusive" next to the item in the list to indicate that it is exclusive to that store?? Or... have the exclusive list below, but match the numbers to those you used in the mapping?? Just a suggestion. It's your project.

I suppose I can just look at what you did with Dan's Imports and basically copy it for the other shops, so you don't have to worry about doing any more.
Happy to help if you want it, but I didn't want to step on your toes since it is your thorough mapping and inventory. If you run into any questions (wiki-wise), or want any assistance with setting up the guide for the other stores, feel welcome to shoot me a PM.

Again, great shopping guide, Mint!

- Dreams

The "exclusive" items are in a numbered list. The entire map/item listing is coordinated based on matching numbers. The exclusive item numbers don't match the overall numbered list, which can be a little confusing.

Maybe you could place "exclusive" next to the item in the list to indicate that it is exclusive to that store?? Or... have the exclusive list below, but match the numbers to those you used in the mapping?? Just a suggestion. It's your project.

Good point. I think I'll do that.

Thanks for the Modern Living article, Goofy. I edited my previous post, but I didn't notice that you both already posted after it, so I'll repeat my edit here. I hope you don't mind, but I made some edits to both the Dan's Imports page and the Modern Living page just to make them both look uniform.

Good point. I think I'll do that.
It looks great!

I hope you don't mind, but I made some edits to both the Dan's Imports page and the Modern Living page just to make them both look uniform.
Do anything you like with Dan's Imports. It's your "baby," I was just trying to help figure it out after I read your post. I purposefully stopped after 1 store so you could pick it up from there with whatever you wanted to do. :goodvibes

- Dreams

Thanks! I basically took the "tweaked" versions of yours and Goofy's pages and copied and pasted that for the other four shops and added in the different information. It should be all set to go now.

The images I have put up show just fine, but I've only done a couple of pics, I've mostly just done text.

Looks good! I was thinking about adding one more thing, though. The information that I added to the bottom of the second post. I just think it might be helpful to know what items you can ONLY get in that particular store. If that sounds like a good idea, I'll add it to that page. I suppose I can just look at what you did with Dan's Imports and basically copy it for the other shops, so you don't have to worry about doing any more.

ETA: I noticed GoofyWaterCoaster put up the article on Modern Living. I hope the both of you don't mind, but I made a couple edits to both pages just to make them look uniform.

I think adding the items unique to that shop is an excellent idea, and making the pages in a section uniform is a good idea, too.

Has this information been updated? Is there a "wiki" someplace that says all things that can be bought?

Has this information been updated? Is there a "wiki" someplace that says all things that can be bought?

I don't believe it has been, and I am not aware of an up to date source.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter