Guide to DDP...

joolz1910

<font color=green>I would have gone down to recept
I thought it would be helpful for first-timers like me to pick the brains of those of you who have eaten onsite.

If you could only have:

1 Table Service meal
1 Counter Service meal
1 snack

What would you have?

Also, do you have a 'top tip' for those eating on the DDP?:)

table service- not sure as there are so many we like but tusker house breakfast is a must for us

counter service would have to be wolfgang puck at dtd marketplace as its a counter service credit but its like table service, very good value

We eat where we wouldnt if we were paying for food as we then get to try different places

It's going to be slightly different for those with children and those without, but here's mine:

TS: Crystal Palace (new favourite restaurant is HoB but not on the DDP)
CS: Wolfgang Puck Express
Snack: Dole Pineapple Float/Cinnamon Roll from Main Street Bakery (not all cinnamon rolls are equal ;))

Going for a week or longer? Although it is not included on the regular DDP, buy yourself a resort refillable mug. Unless you don't drink tea/coffee/soda/sports drinks, this will pay itself off in a few days.

Choose your dessert carefully. If you are not inclined to snack you could use your snack credits for breakfast. However if the idea of a mid afternoon icecream, smoothie or cake appeals to you, save the snacks for these. I don't know anybody who would eat dessert twice a day for a full 2 weeks plus - at least not on top of a substantial meal. If there is a TS meal booked for the day, I would eat my dessert at the restaurant. For CS, think ahead and pick something that will not perish, which you can take with you and keep in the room for breakfast the next morning. Breakfast is not a good value use of a CS credit, and more so after they dropped the second beverage that came with it at the beginning of the year. I can still justify using a TS credit for a good breakfast however, although there are variying opinions on that.

I could eat dessert twice a day, I love them :~))

I will need to edit my post then - I suddenly do know someone who will :lmao:

Good suggestion you made to try places you would not ordinarily eat at if paying out of pocket. :thumbsup2 I meant to make reference to your comment in my post. :)

Counter Service: Wolfgang Puck is fabulous for a counter credit..though I honestly would probably have an Earl of Sandwich every time!

Table Service: O'hana (even if just for dessert!)

Snack: Funnel cake

Tip 1: If you want some water, don't buy a bottle. Head over to a fountain drink station and ask for a cup of water. They provide it free of charge

Tip 2: If you're going during the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, pay for snacks and save your snack credits to use at the Festival - much better value for money

Tabel service - Boma dinner
Counter service - Flame tree BBq
Snack creidt - ice-cream at Mrs Potts cupboard (fudge brownie sundae)

Ts crystal palace bfast and dinner
cs wolfgang puck dtd or earl of sandwich
snack-dolewhip or coke float.

I'll do my top tips as I can't narrow my best foods down.

1. If you ask for a large soda you get one with your QS meal - don't specify and you get medium.

2. If you fancy pizza collect it from your resort foodcourt. Costs 2 QS for a 16inch pizza with topping, 2 desserts and 2 drinks. Same deal delivered to your room is 2 TS - so have a stroll to the foodcourt!

3. Adult and child QS meal credits are not separated. So two adults and two children staying 7 nights have a total of 28 QS credits to use. The only limit is you can only order the correct number of meals at once from the cashier eg using the example above 2 adult meals and 2 child meals.

4.You don't all have to order a meal at the same time with QS - portions are big eg we easily share 2 adult meals between 3 of us.

5. If there is no kids menu at QS the child can order the adult meal eg french bakery at epcot.

6. Buy a case of water at walmart and save the snack credits for the good stuff.

7. Most single serve items upto $4 count as a snack. At F & W even better value - I had a $7.50 lobster roll for a snack from a booth.

8. Don't miss WPE or pepper market for QS. Served on real plates etc all for a QS credit.

9. If you are full ask for dessert to go as it is included in your TS - it will make a nice breakfast!

I'll do my top tips as I can't narrow my best foods down.

1. If you ask for a large soda you get one with your QS meal - don't specify and you get medium.

2. If you fancy pizza collect it from your resort foodcourt. Costs 2 QS for a 16inch pizza with topping, 2 desserts and 2 drinks. Same deal delivered to your room is 2 TS - so have a stroll to the foodcourt!

3. Adult and child QS meal credits are not separated. So two adults and two children staying 7 nights have a total of 28 QS credits to use. The only limit is you can only order the correct number of meals at once from the cashier eg using the example above 2 adult meals and 2 child meals.

4.You don't all have to order a meal at the same time with QS - portions are big eg we easily share 2 adult meals between 3 of us.

5. If there is no kids menu at QS the child can order the adult meal eg french bakery at epcot.

6. Buy a case of water at walmart and save the snack credits for the good stuff.

7. Most single serve items upto $4 count as a snack. At F & W even better value - I had a $7.50 lobster roll for a snack from a booth.

8. Don't miss WPE or pepper market for QS. Served on real plates etc all for a QS credit.

9. If you are full ask for dessert to go as it is included in your TS - it will make a nice breakfast!

Thanks, some really good tips here. I seem to think we once bought some english muffins in the store at OKW to toast in out room for breakfast for one credit, do they still do this? Think we already had butter and jam in.

We stocked up at walmart so only popped into the okw shop once or twice.

They do sell a few items for breakfast. Don't think a pack of muffins will count as a snack as it serves more than one.

TS - Coral reef, used to get poor reviews but much better now and great entertainment watching the creatures and very often the divers too.

CS - Agree WPE but also remember the resorts and the foodcourt at the Poly is very good, with some awesome flatbreads. It also makes a great mid-day break from the MK and you can get a dole whip!!!!!

Snack - Ice cream cookie sandwich near the fountain in EPCOT

Tip - Well the Poly was good one but also the counterservice near Yak and Yeti has some of the same food as Yak and Yeti for a lot less cost and if you don't like the seating area it only takes a couple of minutes to walk to the Flame Tree BBQ area or even Restaurantasaurus.popcorn::

Table service (2 credit): Jiko

Table service (1 credit): 'Ohana breakfast or Kona Cafe

Counter service: Earl of Sandwich!! (Although now I can have it at home I might finally get to try WPE next trip!)

Snack: A cake from starring rolls.

Table service: Really hard decision! Artist Point for a two credit meal and Ohana dinner for one credit

Counter service: Wolfgang Puck express

Snack: Chocolare brownie from the main st bakery - yummmmm!:)

TS, 1 credit Liberty Tree Tavern, 2 credits Yachtsman Steakhouse

CS, WPE but also enjoy foodcourts at PO & AKL.

Snack depends on time of day, morning Cinnamon Roll from Main Street Bakery, afternoon Dole whip (self serve at Poly)

Only 81 days to next DDP trip :cloud9:

TS, 1 credit Liberty Tree Tavern, 2 credits Yachtsman Steakhouse

CS, WPE but also enjoy foodcourts at PO & AKL.

Snack depends on time of day, morning Cinnamon Roll from Main Street Bakery, afternoon Dole whip (self serve at Poly)

Only 81 days to next DDP trip :cloud9:

LTT is an interesting one to me, just because it is one of the less talked about restaurants. I don't think I have seen it as a top choice before. Did you do a review on it previously Wayne?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter