Guide referrals?

Sorry pa@okw95, But I must disagree with your point of view, Having the right "Guide" can make a big difference. Just like salespeople, they have different knowledge and experience and not having the right one when something happens or dosen't happen could make the difference in getting or not getting what you want accomplished.
IMO of course, you may feel otherwise.

Originally posted by vanstoj
Linda Streetman! Linda Streetman! Is a great person and really goes out of her way to get you in the best situation possible.

I have to agree, Linda is great, and I must respectfully disagree with Pa@Okw. I've worked in "sales" for over 15 years and there are two kinds of people who sell. There are some who care only about getting their product into your hands and close the deal and making their commission before you figure out you've been taken and there are some who really do care about their customers and their products, and believe in their product and the good that it will do for others. While a DVC guide's job is definitely to assist you in the process of purchasing DVC points, DVC sells itself, they only need to explain it, not to "Sell" it to you.

We have Brian Sullivan as our Guide, and we could not be more pleased. We joined last year. Used our points for the first time this year, BWV. Half way through our trip, my wife's grandmother took a turn for the wore with her health inopperable stomach/ovarian cancer. she is on her death bed in a hospital hospice. She told the nurse that she was waiting for her granddaughter, grandson, and three grand daughters to come home so she could die. They didn't think she would make it 24 hours. We packed up to leave that instant. Gave Brian a call & told him our situation. He handled everything. He was able to put our remaining points in a holding account, and we will be going back in august, this time to OKW. Gram took a turn for the better when we arrived. her face lit up & spirits improved. Our daughters have a very special relationship with "crochet mom-mom", and just seeing her made all of the difference. For the crumudgeon who says that Guides don't matter, you are wrong. Brian Sullivan showed compassion & went out of his way for us.

I'm joining this discussion a bit late, but -- our guide is Tony Heard, and I can't even tell you enough how NICE and helpful he was to me when we decided to buy, and no pressure whatsoever...

Highly recommended!

...he stuck with us for 9 months while I was on the fence trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. I don't know how many times he went over the same info with me, because I needed to be convinced.

Never heard him become frustrated at any time. He worked with me on Saturdays and Sunday afternoons over the phone, going over costs and what our payments would be on the financing side. Always asked me how the family was doing and remembered their names. Maybe not a big deal to alot of people, but this showed he was at least genuinely interested in my situation rather than shoving me off as just another potential "contract".

Brian

Originally posted by Geoff_M
I second the Randy Kruger nomination. Great to work with, zero pressure.
Randy was our original guide, and then he got promoted, so they gave our file to someone else. She then left DVC, and we got yet another new person. I agree that Randy was the BEST! He would always call back when I had a question. I sure wish we could get him back as our guide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter