Guests with disabilities parade viewing

DannyDisneyFreak

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
What are the parade viewing areas like? Are they just roped off areas? We will have a group of 10 with 8 developmenaly disabled adults including 1 or 2 in a wheelchair. Would we be allowed in these areas? We will have 2 GAC passes for the group. I wonder the similar question about disabled guest illiumination viewing ares in Epcot?

It might be best to post this on the regular disABILITIES area instead of the Community Board.

The parade viewing areas are just roped off areas. The front of the area up against the rope is for wheelchairs/ECVs and those who can stand stand behind them. They can fill up fairly early depending on the time of year. I usually show up about 45-60 minutes before the event to ensure a spot.

The EPOCT areas are similar with wheelchairs/ECVs up front sometimes 2 rows deep. They are up against the railing looking out at Illuminations.

Both areas do tend to be packed at showtime. If you have a problem with crowds these are not the best solution...not that I know of a good solution in that case.

It might be best to post this on the regular disABILITIES area instead of the Community Board.

The parade viewing areas are just roped off areas. The front of the area up against the rope is for wheelchairs/ECVs and those who can stand stand behind them. They can fill up fairly early depending on the time of year. I usually show up about 45-60 minutes before the event to ensure a spot.

The EPOCT areas are similar with wheelchairs/ECVs up front sometimes 2 rows deep. They are up against the railing looking out at Illuminations.

Both areas do tend to be packed at showtime. If you have a problem with crowds these are not the best solution...not that I know of a good solution in that case.

Okay, thanks I think that answers my question... sorry I didn't realized I posted in the wrong area.

If you have 8 individuals with disabilities that need accomidations beyond the use of a wheelchair for the 1 or 2, then you would have 8 GACs.

What are the parade viewing areas like? Are they just roped off areas? We will have a group of 10 with 8 developmenaly disabled adults including 1 or 2 in a wheelchair. Would we be allowed in these areas? We will have 2 GAC passes for the group. I wonder the similar question about disabled guest illiumination viewing ares in Epcot?

You do realize that a GAC is not a "pass"--it doesn't get you front of the line or expedited entry into attractions. You actually don't even need one for individuals in a WC. The WC is enough to alert CMs that you need accommodations such as no stairs. If you have other individuals with specific needs, you need to tell GS what they are.

Also, the HC area doesn't provide "seats" for people. Other than the ones in WCs, the others are expected to stand (and often in a different part of the area from the WC.) It also fills up pretty fast and is a small area.

You may be better off choosing an area that isn't roped off and sitting your group on the curb with the individuals in WCs behind the main group. You will need to be sitting around 45 minutes early--but you would have to do this in the HC area, too.

Agree with Piper.
There are a few handicapped viewing areas with benches, but those are at the back of the viewing area. So, if you sit there, you will be behind all the guests with wheelchairs.
So that those in wheelchairs don’t have someone standing in front of them, CMs line up all the wheelchairs across the front of the area. Usually the wheelchairs are tightly packed, nearly touching, so they can get as many people as possible into the front row. The standing members of the party will be standing behind the wheelchairs from that party.

The areas tend to fill up quickly and early and sometimes some areas are in demand enough that there are 2 rows of wheelchairs, one behind the other. We have already been at WDW at not very busy times when some of the smaller viewing areas were already totally filled more than an hour before the show.

Specifically for Illuminations, you would be better off just finding a spot. The show will be on/above the World Showcase Lagoon, which has a fence all along it. It will be easier for you to just find an area along the fence to stand or sit on the ground to watch Illuminations.

I’m going to move this to the disABILITIES main board.

You do realize that a GAC is not a "pass"--it doesn't get you front of the line or expedited entry into attractions. You actually don't even need one for individuals in a WC. The WC is enough to alert CMs that you need accommodations such as no stairs. If you have other individuals with specific needs, you need to tell GS what they are.

Also, the HC area doesn't provide "seats" for people. Other than the ones in WCs, the others are expected to stand (and often in a different part of the area from the WC.) It also fills up pretty fast and is a small area.

You may be better off choosing an area that isn't roped off and sitting your group on the curb with the individuals in WCs behind the main group. You will need to be sitting around 45 minutes early--but you would have to do this in the HC area, too.

Thanks but I know what it is, sorry I called it a "pass" I have used them before I take groups of people with disabilities on vacations. I know how to use the GAC card pass or whatever before... I just never knew abot the handicapped viewing and this is the first time I will have a person in a wheelchair. We will probably just get our own spot.

Agree with Piper.
There are a few handicapped viewing areas with benches, but those are at the back of the viewing area. So, if you sit there, you will be behind all the guests with wheelchairs.
So that those in wheelchairs don’t have someone standing in front of them, CMs line up all the wheelchairs across the front of the area. Usually the wheelchairs are tightly packed, nearly touching, so they can get as many people as possible into the front row. The standing members of the party will be standing behind the wheelchairs from that party.

The areas tend to fill up quickly and early and sometimes some areas are in demand enough that there are 2 rows of wheelchairs, one behind the other. We have already been at WDW at not very busy times when some of the smaller viewing areas were already totally filled more than an hour before the show.

Specifically for Illuminations, you would be better off just finding a spot. The show will be on/above the World Showcase Lagoon, which has a fence all along it. It will be easier for you to just find an area along the fence to stand or sit on the ground to watch Illuminations.

I’m going to move this to the disABILITIES main board.

thanks for the info and yeah sorry I accidentially posted in the wrong board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter