Guests staying at resort hotels GE designated access watch.

RedM94

DIS Veteran
We are booked at the GCH May 29, through June 3 and a bit apprehensive about GE opening on May 31. Can we start a watch thread for any information on how or when GE designated access reservation will work?

I just called DVC member services and they didn’t have any information.

Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels during these dates will receive a designated reservation to access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest); valid theme park admission is required.

Thank you!

Red

Last edited:
We are booked at the GCH May 29, through June 3 and a bit apprehensive about GE opening on May 29...

Just to clarify: SWGE will open at DL on Friday, May 31st. And I think you're in good (vast!) company as we all wait for more news! Keep watching this forum -- updates will get posted as the news breaks!

Just to clarify: SWGE will open at DL on Friday, May 31st. And I think you're in good (vast!) company as we all wait for more news! Keep watching this forum -- updates will get posted as the news breaks!

Thank yo for catching my typo. Date corrected.

We booked PPH for June 7th, anxious and excited to see all how this will work out!

And of course we're booked for a couple days after bummer

My question will be if we can access the land during emh after these dates

Well bummer But probably just saved me a lot of money since my dh may not want to stay on property now! ! Lol

Except that people who stay on property automatically get reserved access to the land for at least one day of their stay. So staying on property guarantees you will get in at least once.

I wonder if they will stretch that out past June. I also wonder if they will re-institute it when Rise of the Resistance opens.

Read the bottom of the blog post again. At one point it says what you have mentioned above about the designated access for on site guests but it then goes on to say:

Planning: If you’re looking to book a vacation to the Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com. You should also note that vacation packages, park tickets and Disney Resort hotel stays do not guarantee access to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The land —including participation in its experiences—will be subject to capacity restraints and other restrictions.

Read the bottom of the blog post again. At one point it says what you have mentioned above about the designated access for on site guests but it then goes on to say:

Planning: If you’re looking to book a vacation to the Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com. You should also note that vacation packages, park tickets and Disney Resort hotel stays do not guarantee access to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The land —including participation in its experiences—will be subject to capacity restraints and other restrictions.
I took the PP to be referencing the guaranteed reservation between May 31 to June 23rd, which they are saying will happen. However, there is no current incentive to staying onsite post June 23rd as of this moment as you have stated.

"Guests planning to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland park in California between May 31 and June 23, 2019 will need valid theme park admission and will be required to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land. Information on how to make a reservation will be available at a later date on Disneyland.com and the Disney Parks Blog. Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels during these dates will receive a designated reservation to access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest); valid theme park admission is required."

I took the PP to be referencing the guaranteed reservation between May 31 to June 23rd, which they are saying will happen. However, there is no current incentive to staying onsite post June 23rd as of this moment as you have stated.

"Guests planning to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland park in California between May 31 and June 23, 2019 will need valid theme park admission and will be required to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land. Information on how to make a reservation will be available at a later date on Disneyland.com and the Disney Parks Blog. Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels during these dates will receive a designated reservation to access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest); valid theme park admission is required."
I think a guaranteed reservation is not the same thing as guaranteed access, though. At some point, the land will probably be at capacity and they will have to wait for people to leave before they can allow new entries. So potentially someone with a reservation wouldn’t actually be allowed in at that time.

I hope that they’re working to avoid that, but they can’t really force people to leave, right? So they’re probably covering their bases with the disclaimer above.

They say it will happen but at the bottom of the blog post it then goes on to say the bit I copied and pasted. They do not make reference to any date ranges. So I worry they will backtrack and say it was only for club level guests.

I have booked a few hours ago in the hope I will be allowed access and nowhere on my confirmation or in the booking stages does it say I am guaranteed access. A blog post like that can be amended.

I think a guaranteed reservation is not the same thing as guaranteed access, though. At some point, the land will probably be at capacity and they will have to wait for people to leave before they can allow new entries. So potentially someone with a reservation wouldn’t actually be allowed in at that time.

I hope that they’re working to avoid that, but they can’t really force people to leave, right? So they’re probably covering their bases with the disclaimer above.

You have explained it much better then me! Thank you! :)

This is what blew me away: "For your vacation planning purposes, please be aware that Disney FASTPASS service, including access via Disney MaxPass, (at Disneyland park) and Disney FastPass+ service (at Disney’s Hollywood Studios) will not initially be offered at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. We will continually evaluate our operations and services in order to help provide a great guest experience"

No MaxPass? So are we talking 4+ hour standby wait times for anybody? Because you know that even if you're there on your reservation time, the place will be packed and everybody will be trying to ride.

We're going in September, and I really really hope they've started Maxpass by then. Also, re: no access to SW:GE during MM means that MM days are going to be a mad stampede: get to the gates an hour before MM, then stampede to the rope drop for another hour till it opens, then stampede for the ride.

They say it will happen but at the bottom of the blog post it then goes on to say the bit I copied and pasted. They do not make reference to any date ranges. So I worry they will backtrack and say it was only for club level guests.

I have booked a few hours ago in the hope I will be allowed access and nowhere on my confirmation or in the booking stages does it say I am guaranteed access. A blog post like that can be amended.
Except it is on the Disneyland official site (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/destinations/disneyland/star-wars-galaxys-edge/#drawer-card-7-3) There really isn't many rooms on-site at DLR for a land being built in WDW with much more rooms. I think the DLR SW:GE can easily support giving every guest of the on-site hotels 1 reservation window once during their length of stay. Plus my guess is they don't fill the land to capacity during the reservation windows to allow access. While the disclaimer still exists at the bottom you will be guaranteed that reservation, which I suspect will get you in the land but the disclaimer is there (which is on your ticket too you might pay and not be allowed in a park) to protect them if they have any issues or the park at whole reaches capacity. Perhaps you might have to wait as they corral guests out of the area a bit.

Unless they stagger the times. 8-10, 10:30-12:30, etc. It's the same for after hours parties. Without wristbands, you can't stay past a certain time. If the times are staggered, then they can shoo everyone out before allowing new guests in.

Except that people who stay on property automatically get reserved access to the land for at least one day of their stay. So staying on property guarantees you will get in at least once.

I wonder if they will stretch that out past June. I also wonder if they will re-institute it when Rise of the Resistance opens.

I just switched our july 15th reservation to the Disneyland Hotel from the Best Western Plus Suites just in case they extend.

We'll be there (DVC as well) towards the end of the reservation range. I wonder if we'd be allowed to try to get an extra entry as well through the non-hotel stay system?

I really hope that they end up giving hotel guest early morning access and that they add the rides to mp and fp. We are going end of July so hopefully they get it all sorted out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter