Guest Room Mattress

thedonduck

DIS Veteran
We are looking at getting a new bedroom set (frame, box spring and mattress) for our guest room. The one we currently have is old and uncomfortable. We don't want to spend a lot of money on a bed that will only see light use, but I also want my guest to be comfy while they are here.. I have I idea how much we should budget or even what to look for. We have never purchased a bed before ( we both took our beds to college and and still use those in our house!) any suggestions?

Is it possible (maybe be much cheaper) to buy one of those really nice foam mattress topper things? Not like an egg crate type thing, but the other type...lol. I am not much help, but my parents bought a really nice one and their "old" mattress is wonderful again!

I just bought a full size bed for my DD from Mattress Giant. Frame, box spring and mattress delivered was $549.00 They were having a good sale and I think it goes on until mid January. We wanted a good one that would last her until college.

Now you could get you a new one and put your old one in the guest room.

first for a bed frame. There are often some nice ones on there. We got the mattress at BJs for our guest room. My mom sleeps there about 2 weeks a year and hasn't complained..

I bought a new mattress & for my DD when she moved into an apt at college-I got it from a furniture outlet store.
Buying a new mattress for a guest bedroom is awesome from a guest's point of view...I have stayed at 2 different places in a guest room-not sure where they got the mattresses-but both had a groove down the middle-(I guess a single person slept in the bed for a long time) & it was really hard to sleep in the bed w/out rolling to the middle...:headache:
Your guest(s) will be grateful for a comfortable mattress & a good night's sleep.

Very thoughtful!:goodvibes

My parents bought their guest room mattress from here http://www.originalmattress.com/ about 15 years ago. It doesn't get a lot of use, just me when visiting or my son when the whole family is there, but it has held up well and is super comfortable.

We bought a futon from Ikea for my son. He loves it. It is very comfortable.
I think it was around $300 for mattress and frame.

I just bought a full size bed for my DD from Mattress Giant.
As someone who stays frquently as a guest I beg of you to get a QUEEN size bed if you expect two full size adults to sleep in the bed.

I don't think you need to invest in te uber deluxe mattress set, but I always makes me as a guest feel uncomfortable are lack of good accessories. You can have the best mattress in the world, but if it has scratchy sheets, two flat stinky pillows and a nylon blanket then you might as well be sleeping on the floor.

I got a bed a couple summers ago when my aunt moved into her new house. I sleep on it maybe 3-4 months out of the year, and spent about $400 for mattress, box spring, and frame. We did pick it up ourselves after unloading the Uhual, since there was no other mattress that they would haul away. I think it's the Mattress Direct Madrid. It's nice because it has a rim around the edge to prevent it from sagging, and very plush.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter