• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guest parking Paradise Pier

adykate

Mouseketeer
I have family coming to visit us while we are staying at the Paradise Pier. Where should I have them park? Is it still free for up to 3 hrs if they park in downtown Disney? Is there some place closer they can park that is free for at least a few hours? I do have an AP with parking but not sure that can help them anywhere other than Mickey parking which is a long walk from the hotel.

Yes free parking for 3 hours at DTD and 6 hours if they get a validated

Yes free parking for 3 hours at DTD and 6 hours if they get a validated
It's 3 hours with an additional 2 hours with a validation from the TS sit down restaurants or movie theater for a total of 5 hours. The rate is $6 per hour after whatever free time you're entitled to is up.

M&F isn't that much farther than DTD, so if you can be in the car with them you may as well just park there if it's free. There's also the Simba lot which is automated when open and uses the same rates as DTD by default. It is sometimes used for park overflow, in which case they would honor your AP's free parking. This one is something you'd have to go down and see if it's open just before they arrive. The other option is that hotel parking fees used to and still might include 2 cars. If you're already parking a car you can ask at check in if you can add their car as the second for that day.

I was going to say what last post said, hotel parking is for two cars just ask for a second parking tag for dashboard.

I called the hotel and was told I would need to pay an additional $17/day for any vehicle. So If we had two cars for our room reservation, we would be paying $34/day...Am I misunderstanding the pp posts about 2 cars to a room? Are you just saying we *could* park two cars on site at the hotel if we pay the regular per day fee?

I called the hotel and was told I would need to pay an additional $17/day for any vehicle. So If we had two cars for our room reservation, we would be paying $34/day...Am I misunderstanding the pp posts about 2 cars to a room? Are you just saying we *could* park two cars on site at the hotel if we pay the regular per day fee?
It was 2 cars, but I was pretty sure that policy had changed within the last 2 years. That's why I said it "might" cover 2 cars. There used to be a resort fee that supposedly covered wifi, some other stuff and parking. People complained about not using the parking part, so they unbundled it. I think that was when it stopped covering 2 cars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter