• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guest name on two reservations forbidden?

tigereye

Mouseketeer
Hope this is the right place for this. We are renting points from one of the big points rental companies. We currently have 3 rooms booked for a week in May. Last weekend, my DS and his GF have decided to join us. We were unable to book them a room for the whole week due to availability, but managed to secure a 4th room for them for all but the first 2 nights.

We asked that they be added into our existing reservation for the two nights that they'll be staying with us, and we were told by the customer service at the rental company that they can't do that because it would require them to show on multiple reservations at once, which is against Disney policy.

Does anyone have any idea if it's possible that we can get them added to the first two nights? These are room only reservations, and they would fit legally in our rooms wrt number of guests in a room. Since I am just a renter, I can't call member services directly, and the rental company is refusing to budge. My only real reason for it at this point is to get them Magical Express from the airport, but worst case I will pay for a cab or something for them.

Just curious if anyone had any thoughts/advice.

Thanks,

Mike

Just change their names for one of the reservations, use their middle name or initial.

:earsboy: Bill

I have a friend on 2 reservations in May. For the first 2 days of a "friends" 5 night vacation, she and another friend have a studio to themselves, then her friend leaves and she joins us in my 2 bedroom with me and 3 others. Because she was not the lead in both rooms, there was no problem. Member Services could not add her to the 2 bedroom for our last 3 nights.

MDE can get screwed up. I'd just add them as some derivative of their name. You might also be ok if you didn't link that reservation to their MDE but if MDE somehow decided to automatically link it there would likely be issues with entering the room that the front desk would have to try and resolve. Those issues tend to take 3-4 trips between the front desk and the room from my own, multiple times, experience.

The system can be very funny with names we have Sr jr and a third
We have done two rooms in the past back when you got your ktw one for me and one for dad. Even back then it was recommended ended by member services we add each I ther after we arrived

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter