Guess what we were the first cruise to see the other day

On the DVC Members Cruise we had a beautiful clear night for Frozen night. We saw plenty of guest participation, especially during "Let it Go", but we were a shipload of true believers! Some costumes for that night, and Pixar night.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 14
Just as a warning to temper expectations: the first Baltic cruise did not have a Frozen buffet for kids. There were desserts only as part of the adults-only afterparty in Fathoms. This was apparently a late change, because the cast member ending the show said there would be a buffet. (There was nothing about a buffet in the Navigator, though.) This caused a lot of complaints from those under 18.

It is possible this was a one-time issue and the buffet will be back for the Norwegian cruise this week, but I wanted to make sure people don't count on a family buffet and see it as a bonus if there is one.

Just as a warning to temper expectations: the first Baltic cruise did not have a Frozen buffet for kids. There were desserts only as part of the adults-only afterparty in Fathoms. This was apparently a late change, because the cast member ending the show said there would be a buffet. (There was nothing about a buffet in the Navigator, though.) This caused a lot of complaints from those under 18.

It is possible this was a one-time issue and the buffet will be back for the Norwegian cruise this week, but I wanted to make sure people don't count on a family buffet and see it as a bonus if there is one.

The after party in Fathoms served canapés and was always planned, as our server told us about in at dinner that evening. I wasn't allowed in as I had my DD7 with me and didn't want to leave her outside, but people were coming out with other items, not just deserts. They looked good, but we just had to settle for pizza!! There were teens outside asking people (over 21s) to go in and get them food!!!! A crazy situation on a Disney cruise!!!!

There was nearly a revolt outside Cabanas, there was a crew member outside telling people there was no buffet and some people were getting quite angry. An officer had to come over to try to disperse people. We left at that point so I'm not sure what was said. There was clearly no buffet happening. My DD was really disappointed (having experienced the pirate buffet on previous cruises). This is a odd move in my opinion as DCL are clearly ignoring a key demographic.

The after party in Fathoms served canapés and was always planned, as our server told us about in at dinner that evening. I wasn't allowed in as I had my DD7 with me and didn't want to leave her outside, but people were coming out with other items, not just deserts. They looked good, but we just had to settle for pizza!! There were teens outside asking people (over 21s) to go in and get them food!!!! A crazy situation on a Disney cruise!!!!

There was nearly a revolt outside Cabanas, there was a crew member outside telling people there was no buffet and some people were getting quite angry. An officer had to come over to try to disperse people. We left at that point so I'm not sure what was said. There was clearly no buffet happening. My DD was really disappointed (having experienced the pirate buffet on previous cruises). This is a odd move in my opinion as DCL are clearly ignoring a key demographic.

On the EBTA we had a buffet after the Frozen deck party but it was identical to the Pirate Night buffet (only decorated with Frozen themed decor). There were turkey legs, crepes, baked potatoes. The lines were outrageous. We waited an hour and a half to get in. It was ridiculous.

Are there special Frozen-themed things that happen during the day? I understand it's on Day 4 (Skagway) and we have an excursion booked. But my DD will be beyond heartbroken if we miss anything Frozen-ish. Thanks!

Last edited:
There are three days leading up to Frozen day where there is a scavenger hunt (you find three things each day and write them down), then at 4:30 on Frozen Day there is a Maypole thing, and then at 9:45 is the Freezing the Night away party.

The kids club activity (on ours at least) was in between the two dinner seatings. They make sure people will be able to participate. :)

Thank you! I feel much better about our quick morning excursion on that day, then. I appreciate the replies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter