• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guess what tonight is???!!!

Last year my son was NOT very happy that they didn't get Hanukkah off from school........ It wasn't fair, Everyone gets Christmas off........ etc etc

I said, "But Jack, we aren't Jewish."

He came back with, "Well I MIGHT BE!"

Happy Hanukkah Everyone!

:rotfl2:

My son was also born on the first day of Hanukkah (25 Kislev) and as far as my DH is concerned...that's his REAL birthday! ;) When my son gets older I'll let him decide how he wants to celebrate his birthday. Right now we do it by the Gregorian calendar...Dec 4th. I think as he gets older we'll have a second celebration, just he, daddy, and I on the 25th of Kislev.

:cool1:

That is a great idea! Another way to remind him how important your faith is in your families life.

Not Jewish, just checking in to see what I can learn about Hanukkah.

I'm also a Chanukah baby - Dec. 14, right smack in the middle of the holiday this year.
I met my DH on Yom Kippur; our first date was a fast!
And my DD was born on Rosh Hashanah.

Anyone sense a pattern here?? :rotfl:

I was in the hospital, of course, on Rosh Hashanah. My cousin said to me, "Great way to get out of praying!" (For those who don't know, Rosh Hashanah services are very long. A normal Sabbath service on Saturday mornings is anywhere from 3-5 hours, depending on denomination; High Holy Days are longer than that.) I said to her, "Are you nuts! I've never prayed so hard in my entire life!!" But it was so worth it.

I'm also a Chanukah baby - Dec. 14, right smack in the middle of the holiday this year.

I was in the hospital, of course, on Rosh Hashanah. My cousin said to me, "Great way to get out of praying!" (For those who don't know, Rosh Hashanah services are very long. A normal Sabbath service on Saturday mornings is anywhere from 3-5 hours, depending on denomination; High Holy Days are longer than that.) I said to her, "Are you nuts! I've never prayed so hard in my entire life!!" But it was so worth it.

GREAT STORY! :thumbsup2:cool1:

I need to get going on my shopping. :rolleyes1

My DH's birthday is December 17th, so I gotta figure that out too.

I have two friends who had their first child on Yom Kippur the same year-one in Israel and one in NJ. They both got out of the all-day praying.

Hi everyone! I'm a godless heathen, but my DH is Jewish so we celebrate Hanukkah in our house. I thought I would share the picture of my DD lighting the candles last night in my signature. It's a bit grainy since it was taken with my iPhone.

Tonight is our latkas night. I'm making regular latkes and sweet potato latkes. Yum!

When I was at WDW last week, I could see that they too were ready for Hanukkah. Best wishes to all for a Happy and Blessed Celebration.

Taken at the Contemporary Resort

IMG_2287.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter