Guess what my Disney crazy DH did now....

noahynav

Mouseketeer
Way back in spring, when they first offered the free dining to Visa card holders, we booked our stay for Sept. 23 thru Oct 1 at Coronado Springs. A few months went by and he decided to change our ressie to AKL. All was fine......recently he starts talking about the Contemporary. So I know where this going.....he wants to stay there, but my 8 yo is sooo excited about AKL.

Well, I figured I needed to find a way to make them both happy so I gave hubby the green light for a split stay. We are now arriving at AKL on Sept. 23 and staying thru Sept. 28. On Sept. 28 we are checking in at the Contemporary for the remaining 3 nights of our vacation. We have booked a garden wing room, and hoping we get lucky and get a refurbished one.

We did give up the free dining for those last 3 nights and took the $75 off a deluxe room code. (Personally I think I am gonna be sick of food by then anyway.) We have ADR's for the remaining 3 days but we plan to pay out of pocket for them.....and we may even be cancelling a ressie for Le Cellier. If we decide to go that route I will be sure to post about it so that a fellow disser can pick up my ressie slot.

I do have a few questions for anyone who is kind enough to answer them.....

Will Disney transfer my luggage for me on the day we switch from AKL to CR?
If so, how does this work? Do I tip? If so how much?

When do my free dining credits expire? We check out of AKL on Thursday morning, are those credits still good on Thursday after we check in at CR or do they expire as soon as we leave AKL. I thought I had read that they were good till midnight, is this correct?

And finally, am I gonna regret agreeing to this?? :confused3 Have others found split stays to be too stressful?...will my kids miss AKL?....Are the garden wings nice enough?

Sorry for all the rambling, it's just that my DH keeps changing things on me! Just when I have it all planned out in my head, I have to start all over with a new plan!! Don't get me wrong, I am very excited, as I have always wanted to stay at CR, but If he changes these ressies one more time I am afraid the people at Disney are gonna think we're CRAZY!!! :rotfl:

Yes, Disney will transfer your luggage for you. Just call Bell Services and they will transfer it for you. It may take a while for your luggage to arrive, but you can check in to CR as early as 6am the day you check in. Tipping about $2 to $3 per bag depending on the size and weight.

As far as the Free Dining Plan, I'm not sure but on the paid dining plan, the credit expires midnight of the day you check out.

I'm sure you'll enjoy CR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter