Guess what i just got

HappyLawyer

DIS Veteran/ OLCC Owner who's Mouse'n Down The Hou
i know i am not using correct grammer but best buy had a sale and i got a protable dvd player i thought it would come in handy on the plane in the airport in the condo, in the car, has anyone used this how did it work out for you?

The purchase of a portable DVD player was part of my budget for the trip that we took last year. Ours was awesome. My honey got to watch Lilo & Stitch and PotC while I drove. It was really nice to have something familiar to listen to that we both enjoyed. It was also nice that it was able to keep her awake because nothing makes this driver sleepier on the road than having a sleeper in the passenger seat.

We have a model with a great battery life, some models can't make it through more than one or two DVD's without pooping out. So, you might want to check out the life of the battery and consider the purchase of the car lighter adapter too....or a second battery pack.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours. Maggie

battery life is 3 hours and the car adapter was included with it, is that awesome or what

We got one right before Hurricane Ivan came in. We love it! It was wonderful to be able to watch movies when there was no power. I think we might have gone insane if we didn't have it. Our battery life is about 3 hrs. And it charges whenever its connected to power, including when you are using it in the car. (our neighbor has a motorhome so he ran a cord to our fridge and allowed us to charge our portable dvd player) It's a 7inch Panasonic. :)

We too, have a portable dvd player that can be connected to our mobile vcr (in the vehicle). Our children love it and we don't regret this purchase. We have an adapter that plugs into a cigarette lighter. We often use it in our hotel rooms while on vacation.

One thing that you might want to consider is purchasing headphones for the children. My wife and I can finally talk on trips without interrupting the children's show :) Best Buy should have headphones for around $10 each.

Hi,
I've been looking to get a portable dvd player, was wondering which brand everyone has? Been reading reviews online and their are pro and con reviews about every dvd player out there.

Thanks

I am also in the market for one and would like to know which brands everyone has that they are happy with ?? :tongue:

I have been considering picking one up too. They don't seem to be too expensive and can come in handy. Anyone have a review of their model they want to share, I would appreciate it!

my wife picked one up that hangs between the front seats in our van and the kids love it. Plugged it into the lighter. Leaving on Friday, so I will get to listen to Shrek, Ice Age, Pirates of the Carribean several time on the way down and back. But looking forward to everyone to fall asleep to turn on the radio.

I've been researching the purchase of one of these and I thought I had read somewhere that it was important to get one that has Progressive Scan....can anybody tell me what that is????

I don't want to spend a fortune on one of these things when we are only going to use it for longer car rides with my twin DD's age 8.

The budget is about $200...is that possible?

Sears is selling a Disney Mickey Portable DVD player w/ car adapter and carring case for $139.99 (s/h is rebated also) Reg price is 179.99.

Its a 5in monitor but in a car, how big do you really need it??

We have one and LOVE it! We don't use it on a daily basis (dont' want the kids to get used to (and expect to) watching t.v. in the car, but we do use it on long trips. It's a life saver! We plan to bring it with us to Disney!

We got an audiovox one at Costco a couple of years ago and it has been great! We travel all over with it and our ds loves it. We use it in our car, RV and hotel room too. Great on the airplane - just make sure to get some headphones! ;)

We have the Audiovox kind that has both VCR & DVD. We love it. The great thing about it is that it also works in a regualr wall outlet. The kids are not allowed to have a TV in their room but when they are sick we hook this up for them so they can stay in bed, get plenty of rest & not be bored. LOVE IT!!!

Another thumbs up for Audiovox. We have had ours for about a year now and it works great. ( even after being dropped several times):) i have not found a problem with it skipping. i would recomend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter