Guess we bought just in time!

loveswdw

DIS Veteran
Well everybody it appears that our decision to buy into DVC came just in time! Found out yesterday that I'm pregnant with our first child! We had said that we'd better go ahead and buy in before we had children because once we had them we'd probably never get around to buying in. We closed on March 25th at BCV!

We will be changing our first trip home from Dec. (when I'll be due!) probably to Oct. for F&W Fest at Epcot which we haven't been able to do yet.

My question... since it would just be DH and I this trip (plus impending arrival) we were planning on getting a studio. I think the one bedrooms have a whirlpool tub? Should we get a one bedroom instead? I'll probably need some relaxation time after all the walking.

Suggestions?

loveswdw:Pinkbounc

Definitely go with the 1 BR, you will love it!!!! Congratulations on the baby!!

Congratulations and good luck on your pregnancy! Disney became even more magical for us once we had children who LOVED all things Disney.

I've never stayed in a studio, but we sure love the one bedrooms with the whirlpool tub!

Pamper yourself - get a 1BR - you can always get studios next use year.....

Thanks
jaysue

Originally posted by loveswdw
Well everybody it appears that our decision to buy into DVC came just in time! Found out yesterday that I'm pregnant with our first child! Should we get a one bedroom instead?

301.gif
...........I would go for the 1BR.....
smilie_bett.gif

Might be a good plan, since spa hot tub temps. are considered dangerous to the baby and by that time, you may need the muscle relaxer. At least in your room tub, you could regulate the water to a safe temp. CONGRATULATIONS!

Don't know if they still make the crawling baby Mickey and Minnie, but my mother bought me Baby Minnie from their (only) trip to WDW and she made the right choice, I had a girl!

Get the 1BR! Even DS5 and DS2.5 loved it (the whirlpool) when we stayed at HH!

Gongratualations....and watch your DH cry with joy like I did when my 2 children were born!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Just be sure your DH is around when you use that whirlpool. You might need some help climbing out by then! :p

CONGRATULATIONS on the baby!!!

As someone who first visited OKW with 15 month twins and a 4 yr old, you will NEED the 1br to prepare baby meals, etc. in the kitchen. Honestly, spend the extra $ now, you will make it up in $ saved on eating in the room instead of always eating out.

When my DW was 8 months along with our first on a trip to BWV, she used the whirlpool a bit...

We kept the water temperature pretty low though so it wouldn't be dangerous for her or the baby... She loved the jets pointed at her back and feet to help work the knots out after a day of walking the parks...

You couldn't have actually picked a better time to get into DVC... My DW and I have been pampered with the 1BR's so much that when we took a family trip to Vegas last year, we really missed not having the full kitchen and pack and play's in the room...

Congrats!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Congratualtions!!!!! DVC and a baby.....how exciting!!
:wave: :earsboy: :wave: :earsgirl: :wave:

Congratulations on purchasing DVC and being pregnant. I would agree with the other posters and go for the 1-BR. The extra room, full kitchen, laundry and hot-tub will make your first stay more enjoyable. JMHO Annmarie

:) Congratulations!!!!

We are in the same boat as you! We purchased BCV last July and we are also expecting our first child in December.

We are heading down to OKW for 5 nights during Memorial Day. I decided to save points this trip and go with a studio. This will allow us to bank a substantial amount of points for our next use year in Feb. and take longer more extended trips next year and needless to say this will probobly be our last stay in a studio.

Lets face it we will be lugging so much more stuff down next time we'll need the space and the extra time.

Good Luck!

Caroline

Congratulations in more ways than one!!

Go for the 1 bed, youll appreciate it.

Congratulations! :Pinkbounc

I hope your pregnancy is happy and healthy :)

Here is another vote for the one-bedroom. You will love being in the whirpool and resting your feet after a long day. Good luck and enjoy the experience. I have three and they are all special. ;) :smooth:

Congratulations, Congratulations and Welcome Home!

I'd go for the 1BR also, but here's a warning... once you've experienced the 1 BR, it's hard to ever go back to a studio!!

Congratulations! You seriously might want to touch base with your OB regarding much use of the tub. "Regular" tub baths are generally okay as long as you watch the temperature, and don't linger too long, but the tubs in the OKW one-bedroom unit are HUGE and you can very nearly immerse yourself. It may be okay to use, but I think your doc may not recommend long, hot baths in those gigantic tubs due to the chance that it could affect your core temperature or make you dizzy or otherwise negatively affect you in your pregnancy.

You might want to get the studio now, and save those points for trips with the baby, when you will definitely want the bigger unit!

WOW!!! Thanks so much for all the well wishes! We are very excited but scared too as are most soon-to-be parents!

I will definitely speak with my doc and see what she thinks I should do about the tub. Thought I might call MS tomorrow and switch our reservation but I may just wait until I speak to her. I'd hate to use all the extra points for a 1 bdrm. But... since we may not be going next year due to a new little one maybe we'll splurge and use a good majority of our points for this trip!!

Thanks again! You guys are all wonderful!!

loveswdw:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter