Guardians virtual queue.

Does anyone know if the 1pm window eligibility is based off of geo location or actual entry in the park, ie ticket scanned? I have Epcot After 4 passes and can't physically be inside the park at 1pm but can be in the parking lot.
You have to be tapped in the park. Not sure if it will work if you tap in the park, leave then try to join vq from parking lot

You have to be tapped in the park. Not sure if it will work if you tap in the park, leave then try to join vq from parking lot
That should work from people’s experiences at HS with ROTR but the poster’s tickets won’t let him in until 4 pm which doesn’t help with a 1 pm drop. Going for 7am and hoping for later time is best bet.

Day 2 of guardians opening! We have MK today so tried for ILL and got 2:45-3:45!

It has been easier to get than ROTR, It could be because I use a clock now and refresh exactly at 7am. Thx for the person you told me to use time.gov👍
Please explain to me how you watch time.gov and you are also on the MDE ready to go. I only know how to look at one at a time on my phone. I watched the clock and was unable to detect a difference from the time on my ATT iPhone. Did you refresh or make your selection at 7?

Last edited:
Please explain to me how you watch time.gov and you are also on the MDE ready to go. I only know how to look at one at a time on my phone. I watched the clock and was unable to detect a difference from the time on my ATT iPhone. Did you refresh or make your selection at 7?
2 devices.

Does anyone know if the 1pm window eligibility is based off of geo location or actual entry in the park, ie ticket scanned? I have Epcot After 4 passes and can't physically be inside the park at 1pm but can be in the parking lot.
Someone in another thread said they were told by a CM that they weren't enforcing return times. So just try at 7am, and if you're successful, head to the ride when you get there.

(That's how it was with Remy, too - they didn't care when your BG was called, just that you had one.)

Someone in another thread said they were told by a CM that they weren't enforcing return times. So just try at 7am, and if you're successful, head to the ride when you get there.

(That's how it was with Remy, too - they didn't care when your BG was called, just that you had one.)
I would clarify that, as far as I know your Boarding group still has to have been called. From what I heard though once it's called without an expiration to that you could show up whenever.

I would clarify that, as far as I know your Boarding group still has to have been called. From what I heard though once it's called without an expiration to that you could show up whenever.
You're correct - the group has to be called first.

I was figuring that if he got a BG at 7am, it would very likely have already been called by 4pm, unless the ride was down for a while - which, to be fair, is possible.

You're correct - the group has to be called first.

I was figuring that if he got a BG at 7am, it would very likely have already been called by 4pm, unless the ride was down for a while - which, to be fair, is possible.
No worries. Some of our DISer friends were there in Epcot last night and they sent us a photo of the line (starting by connections eatery, going back and forth across the courtyard) but later on said it was people whose boarding group hadn't actually been called yet but were lining up thinking they would be able to ride it since the park was getting close to closing time. That's at least what they said.

If trying for individual LL, do you need a reservation? We have park hoppers. We were going with a school group, so based reservations on their itinerary, but do have park hoppers.

If trying for individual LL, do you need a reservation? We have park hoppers. We were going with a school group, so based reservations on their itinerary, but do have park hoppers.
No - they should be avaliable to you, but the available times should start at 2pm.

I have to get a VQ first. Sucks. I'm going to try and gps spoof my phone to show I'm inside Epcot at 1pm and see if it'll allow me to try.

Just drove 1000 miles for the weekend. Happy to be here but will be bummed if I can't get on this ride.

Last edited:
I have to get a VQ first. Sucks. I'm going to try and gps spoof my phone to show I'm inside Epcot at 1pm and see if it'll allow me to try.

Just drove 1000 miles for the weekend. Happy to be here but will be bummed if I can't get on this ride.
You have to have tapped into EPCOT Spoofing your location won't do it. The first few days of RotR you could request a BG from outside DHS, near security. That changed.
Buy a one day EPCOT
Read the thread, I think you may be able to but ILL$ with boarding after 4.

Oh I use my iPad! Or dd does one and I the other . Right as it turns 7 refresh!

Also “edit selections” button and choose Guardians so it appears on top when you refresh .

How long have the waits been so far for LL and for the regular queue once in line?

How long have the waits been so far for LL and for the regular queue once in line?
My personal times yesterday
ILL, about 10 min. Almost straight walk on
VQ about 30 min but that’s with an *
One lane went done so that slowed things down. We moved steadily till the pre show. Coming out of the second one we got stuck for about 10 min, then load was slowed with only half capacity so that increased wait higher than if it has been running normal (by double or so)

Anyone know how much they’re enforcing the one hour return window? I went ahead and got a group at 7 but I was actually just a little too fast and I got a super early group and I’m flying in today so I won’t be there until around 3. I remember they didn’t really enforce the hour when they were doing virtual queues at Disneyland for Rise and WEB Slingers but are they enforcing it for Guardians?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter