Guardians of the Galaxy opening date?

miccolt

Earning My Ears
What is everyone guessing as the opening date for GOTG? Any rumoured opening dates?

The rumor is Memorial Day (May 30) since Disney’s Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, Geoff Morrel, tweeted this back on February 23. He then deleted this tweet.

No rumors since then, so my guess is May 30th weekend

Last edited:
Will the opening only be for those with ILL or LL reservations?? We would really like to try this, but we do standby only.

I'm hoping for Memorial Day like the leak said. We booked a tentative trip just in case. Also hoping for AP previews. They are making lots of progress on the ride so it will open eventually, but that's about all anyone knows for sure. :)

Will the opening only be for those with ILL or LL reservations?? We would really like to try this, but we do standby only.
Your guess is as good as any body else's.
Don't believe there's been any announcements on how the line will run when it opens.
It may be virtual like Remy
It may be ILL
The one thing I doubt, if I were to bet, is stand by.
But, I don't bet. So take that all with a grain of salt :)

I'm hoping for Memorial Day like the leak said. We booked a tentative trip just in case. Also hoping for AP previews. They are making lots of progress on the ride so it will open eventually, but that's about all anyone knows for sure. :)

Your guess is as good as any body else's.
Don't believe there's been any announcements on how the line will run when it opens.
It may be virtual like Remy
It may be ILL
The one thing I doubt, if I were to bet, is stand by.
But, I don't bet. So take that all with a grain of salt :)
I read somewhere that the "attraction" is traditionally put on the "map" about 60 days before opening.
They just put it on the "map" for EPCOT

If the tweet was correct about opening for memorial Day weekend, I would expect DVC, AP soft openings early May.
When it opens, I will be surprised if it isn't VQ and ILL$.

I've read May in several articles, but my guesses don't get sway into when it actually does open. I'm hoping for May, however. Planning a summer Epcot visit.

$75 ILL incoming

I'm sure you meant this only sort of half joking because in reality they could probably book the ride solid the first few weeks, heck even the first few months probably at $50 a pop and still have people disappointed that they couldn't purchase that day. I mean at this point I'm surprised they aren't basically charging something for every ride besides the $15 for Genie.

I'm sure you meant this only sort of half joking because in reality they could probably book the ride solid the first few weeks, heck even the first few months probably at $50 a pop and still have people disappointed that they couldn't purchase that day. I mean at this point I'm surprised they aren't basically charging something for every ride besides the $15 for Genie.

Yep - Joking to a point but why not start it at $100 for the first week, and drop it by $5 every week until it hits $15. Or better yet, keep it at $100 until it doesn't sell out anymore at that price. I'm thinking they could go at least 2 weeks if not more.

Oh for sure and by the way I'm VERY sure Disney not only knows this but also knows how much more they could be squeezing out of everyone and every ride and every experience. I think as much as they are nickel and diming they could actually be doing a lot worse but the backlash would just be unreal and the consequences too detrimental to the future of brand loyalty if they went too far. They're probably OK with the amount of heat they're getting in relationship to how they are maximizing profits. Their statisticians are well aware where the point of diminishing returns is and I'm sure they're getting close. A shame the company had to go in this direction where it seems money is everything (and yes of course it's a business but they weren't this bad for 47 or so years).

Oh for sure and by the way I'm VERY sure Disney not only knows this but also knows how much more they could be squeezing out of everyone and every ride and every experience. I think as much as they are nickel and diming they could actually be doing a lot worse but the backlash would just be unreal and the consequences too detrimental to the future of brand loyalty if they went too far. They're probably OK with the amount of heat they're getting in relationship to how they are maximizing profits. Their statisticians are well aware where the point of diminishing returns is and I'm sure they're getting close. A shame the company had to go in this direction where it seems money is everything (and yes of course it's a business but they weren't this bad for 47 or so years).
Exactly!

I’m sure they know they could turn a higher profit for a few months by doing crazy things like $100 ILL for popular new attractions.

But even Chapek isn’t THAT short sighted

I'm going to WDW for the first time at the end of April/start of May. Our last day is May 8th. I know it's probably unlikely but I'm hoping maybe Guardians will have a sneaky early opening. I'm hoping that's not completely impossible.

I'm going to WDW for the first time at the end of April/start of May. Our last day is May 8th. I know it's probably unlikely but I'm hoping maybe Guardians will have a sneaky early opening. I'm hoping that's not completely impossible.
There is a possibility DVC, AP holders and CM might start during your stay. You might want to move your trip a month or 2 if Guardians is a priority.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter