• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

great! Guess we’re on the same cruise. We got the same assignment. Oct. 29th 8 night cruise.
Yep that’s the cruise we are on! I was nervous not getting a verandah room but am excited for the big window to sit in!

Yep that’s the cruise we are on! I was nervous not getting a verandah room but am excited for the big window to sit in!
I was excited to be upgraded to the 8B. In my mind, I was expecting deck 2. I’m on the next one too, Nov 6. So waiting for that assignment this week. I have to pack and move. Ugh.

I was excited to be upgraded to the 8B. In my mind, I was expecting deck 2. I’m on the next one too, Nov 6. So waiting for that assignment this week. I have to pack and move. Ugh.

I was expecting either an accessible room or one with small or slanted window. I’m so glad to be closer to the pool deck and to have a big window! I just hope the movement of ship way forward doesn’t bother me or my daughter.

Wow back to back cruises for 2ish weeks sound awesome! I’d love to do back to back but it’s already a struggle taking off of work for one cruise. I’m just hoping my office doesn’t implode while I’m gone. Lol

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? OGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 8004, Category 9C, Forward
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" I'm ok. I got what I paid for.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
6. What ship are you sailing? Dream
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Noon (12pm EST)
9. What month is your cruise? October

Our PAT is 11am so I'll probably check into see if we can upgrade at the port.
Great room! We had it on the Fantasy.

I was expecting either an accessible room or one with small or slanted window. I’m so glad to be closer to the pool deck and to have a big window! I just hope the movement of ship way forward doesn’t bother me or my daughter.

Wow back to back cruises for 2ish weeks sound awesome! I’d love to do back to back but it’s already a struggle taking off of work for one cruise. I’m just hoping my office doesn’t implode while I’m gone. Lol

omg, we think alike. I expected the same. Now I’m waiting for my assignment today or after for my second cruise. I feel like my pixie dust might be over and I’ll end up on 2nd Floor or slanted porthole. I’ll post my results. Wish me luck.

omg, we think alike. I expected the same. Now I’m waiting for my assignment today or after for my second cruise. I feel like my pixie dust might be over and I’ll end up on 2nd Floor or slanted porthole. I’ll post my results. Wish me luck.

Good luck and hopefully you find out soon!

2. What category and room # did you get? Forward, 09C, 2018
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Not sure how I feel yet. This is my first Disney cruise so I won't really know if it's a good room or not until the trip is over. I do know that it was overall a great deal and around the same price as picking my own inside statement. The only thing I'm worried about is looking at the deck plan this room is directly below the Cadillac Lounge so I might need to bring some earplugs.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
6. What ship are you sailing? Wonder
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 1:00 pm
9. What month is your cruise? November

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? Forward, 05A, 10526
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Yes, Prefer mid-ship but we got same category that we booked and saved $1700. Our only concern is motion sickness.
6. What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 3:00 pm

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? GTY 9D
2. What category and room # did you get? 9B, 2592
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 41
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" I'm not sure! This will be our 4th cruise on DCL. We've always booked a verandah and have never been on Deck 2. We were hoping to get a higher deck, but also glad we won't have an obstructed view. Being close to both elevators should be convenient too. Looks like we're directly under the Grand Hall, so hopefully it's not too noisy. That being said, it's a 3 night cruise so we don't plan to be in the room much - why we booked the cheapest oceanview GTY rate!
6. What ship are you sailing? Wish
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? sometime between 9 am and 6 pm
9. What month is your cruise? December

2. What category and room # did you get? Forward, 09C, 2018
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Not sure how I feel yet. This is my first Disney cruise so I won't really know if it's a good room or not until the trip is over. I do know that it was overall a great deal and around the same price as picking my own inside statement. The only thing I'm worried about is looking at the deck plan this room is directly below the Cadillac Lounge so I might need to bring some earplugs.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 1:00 pm
You should be fine and not hear too much noise being over Cadillac lounge as that the more quiet relaxed piano bar.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT 7A
2. What category and room # did you get? 5B
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" I am happy. I have never had a forward stateroom before. I am just happy to be cruisin'!
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? sometime in the afternoon

What category GTY cabin did you book? OGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 9B 2nd floor mid
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" leftover. If I was to book OV, this is the category I would’ve booked.
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 10:00am

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? GTY 09C
2. What category and room # did you get? Forward, 09C, 2028
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 21
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" It’s ok, got the same category I was guaranteed for.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 7:30am PST

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT (three cabins)
2. What category and room # did you get? 4C (6616, 6618, 6620 -- Deck 6, midship)
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 39
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy to have the extra space that comes with a family verandah!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes (all directly next to each other)
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? ~5PM EST

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT (three cabins)
2. What category and room # did you get? 4C (6616, 6618, 6620 -- Deck 6, midship)
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 39
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy to have the extra space that comes with a family verandah!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes (all directly next to each other)
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? ~5PM EST
Which December cruise are you on? We are also VGT for 12/10

2. What category and room # did you get? 05B (6080 -- Deck 6, midship)
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy
6. What ship are you sailing? Magic
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? ~8aM EST

2. What category and room # did you get? 07A (Deck 5, Aft, Nav Verandah)
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" "leftover", we know the risks with booking GTY, we don't mind the Navigator's Verandah but would prefer not to be on Deck 5. You win some, you lose some!
6. What ship are you sailing? Magic (Puerto Rico)
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 11am EST

I realize there's been a system to reporting here a long time but I think sometimes it could be helpful to know the number of people in a party and maybe ages of any minors. For example, It'd be interesting to see if families with 2 younger kids are with any higher frequency put into category 4 when booking VGT, compared to a party of two adults VGT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter