• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

GTY, which is NOT a discounted rate, happens when a certain percentage of a specific category has been booked. You'd find that out when you go to book and click on "Select Stateroom". If you can select your stateroom, the options (at least some of them...they don't list all as a rule) would appear. If it has crossed the threshold to become GTY you will see something stating that the category is in Guaranty status and if you select that you are agreeing to let Disney place you in ANY stateroom of that category or "higher" (though honestly their idea of "higher" may not be yours...I booked an 8B GTY for this past February which is Ocean View but got assigned 4E which is verandah, so theoretically an upgrade...but I don't like being that low down and prefer a higher deck so to me it wasn't an "upgrade" but given that I'd booked GTY I was stuck).

Thanks. Beth

Did anyone every reply to the question about how common GTs are during the summer months? I am wondering if June, July, and August are just off the table for GT rates or if they are generally available.

Did anyone every reply to the question about how common GTs are during the summer months? I am wondering if June, July, and August are just off the table for GT rates or if they are generally available.

I had a VGT room in August of 2012. It was a last minute decision to go and when I checked the website and saw the deal I grabbed it.

I have a GTY for an 11c on the 5/1/16 Panama Canal cruise. Hoping to get an upgrade, but since its the lowest class, the bar isn't set that high in my mind. This is our 5th cruise and we have always had verandah rooms before....14 days of an inside room.... hoping we don't hate it.

I have a GTY for an 11c on the 5/1/16 Panama Canal cruise. Hoping to get an upgrade, but since its the lowest class, the bar isn't set that high in my mind. This is our 5th cruise and we have always had verandah rooms before....14 days of an inside room.... hoping we don't hate it.
Do always book the room you are prepared to use as upgrades are rare.

Last week my wife and I decided to take our 11 year old son on a last minute cruise and booked a 7A GTY on the Fantasy leaving July 11. A day later we decided to add a person to the room with no issues. I did some scouting and found all the 07A cabins that sleep 4 (at least I think I found them all - only 8) so I assumed our chances of getting upgraded were pretty good. Just a few minutes ago we were assigned our cabin, #10008 which is an upgrade from a 7A to a 5A. We have always been starboard and mid-ship so this will be a lot different being port side and forward.

Can anyone tell me when exactly you will find out which stateroom you will be in when you book GYT? We're heading on the Magic in about 4 weeks. Any idea of when we'll receive our stateroom number?

Did I miss the IGT, OGT, AND VGT rates for October 2015 or have they just not offered any for the 7 night Caribbean Cruises?

There haven't been many *GT rates lately. Hopefully more this fall, but it is probably just about the time they might appear now. Check out THIS THREAD where Justacruiser has been keeping track of discounted fares.

So, if you get a GTY room, you can request to not be upgraded? And then others who booked the same cat would possibly get the upgrade instead?
We just booked a cruise for over spring break and were doubtful that we could get exactly what we wanted which is cat 05E (the aft cabins with larger verandahs, which number very few) but we got a GTY for this cat. We have sailed twice before in this type of room and love it and were considering that an upgrade would not be an upgrade to us! Our TA did not mention this to us despite the fact that we told her we strongly preferred an aft verandah stateroom.

Hello!

I'm looking at a last minute cruise that is offering the OGT rate, I'm traveling with my mother in law so it seems like is cheaper to get two rooms, one for her and the kids (yay!) and one for me and my husband. From your experience what are the chances we can get a connecting room on OGT? or at least close by? I really don't want to end up on different floor from the kids, thanks!!

So, if you get a GTY room, you can request to not be upgraded? And then others who booked the same cat would possibly get the upgrade instead?
We just booked a cruise for over spring break and were doubtful that we could get exactly what we wanted which is cat 05E (the aft cabins with larger verandahs, which number very few) but we got a GTY for this cat. We have sailed twice before in this type of room and love it and were considering that an upgrade would not be an upgrade to us! Our TA did not mention this to us despite the fact that we told her we strongly preferred an aft verandah stateroom.
I had a 05EGTY for the Fantasy for December 5, 2015 sailing. My record updated in the past couple of days (saw it this morning) and I did get a 05E.

Good to know. We board 3 weeks from today and have not had a room assigned yet.

We did a VGT for the Fantasy October 10th sailing and we still don't have our room number assigned. I read that it was usually 12 days out, but we are inside that now. I'm almost starting to get worried :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter