Guadrian's opening date...maybe

teachmedis

Mouseketeer
I tried to copy the news link in and it was being fussy. But it looks like Guardian's might be opening on Memorial Day weekend based on Geoff Morrell's posted and subsequently deleted tweet.
I suppose it's also possible that he got the opening date wrong and that's why they deleted it. But I'd love to see it open for my June trip and I'd love some info on how intense it is--a height requirement would help this ride chicken gage it 😉.

I saw this! I've been crossing my fingers for a Memorial Day weekend. We'll be there the first two weeks of May, so Memorial Day gives us a shred of hope for a soft opening.

Bummer! I thought I read somewhere that Remy had been open to a few day guests here and there and I was hoping we might get lucky. Oh well, that's another tick in the "come back next year" column I guess.

no I’m not saying it is. I was just asking if anyone knew if soft openings are normally for DVC and AP. I’m not to sure, I just had a feeling they were, can anyone confirm as we are in Disney 6-22 May

If this is official, it's very welcomed news! I wonder if it starts out with the Virtual Queue approach like they've done with some of the other big attractions. I also wonder how ILL$ might change at EPCOT, too - likely this could be ILL$, and if it is, do they move to 3 ILL$s, or do they perhaps remove something like Frozen from the list?

It will be interesting to see if it will open as an ILL or virtual queue. Depending on how reliable it is, it might be smarter to start as virtual so GR isn't constantly refunding ILL's due to ride breakdowns - like RoTR. And in the future either drop Remy or Frozen.

It will be interesting to see if it will open as an ILL or virtual queue. Depending on how reliable it is, it might be smarter to start as virtual so GR isn't constantly refunding ILL's due to ride breakdowns - like RoTR. And in the future either drop Remy or Frozen.
Guessing it'll be treated like Remy and it'll be both to start. I'm optimistic that the ride will be more dependable than RotR, Guardians has some innovative elements but it seems like RotR is a completely different beast when it comes to complexity and things that could get screwed up.

As for ILL... I'm not sure anymore. The easy answer is to keep the ride that has the longest wait times, and I thought Remy might settle down eventually due to having such high capacity (plus, the other ride is FROZEN), but it doesn't look like that's happened yet.

I’m excited because we are there until the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. My husband and son will be so excited to hear this. But I’d be lying if I wasn’t feeling a little concerned that this is one more thing to be anxious about trying to snag a ride for.

no I’m not saying it is. I was just asking if anyone knew if soft openings are normally for DVC and AP. I’m not to sure, I just had a feeling they were, can anyone confirm as we are in Disney 6-22 May
As far as I know, the Remy preview was only for AP and DVC. I would expect that the same thing happens here.

I'm curious, does anyone remember how early the Remi previews were from actual opening?

Guessing it'll be treated like Remy and it'll be both to start. I'm optimistic that the ride will be more dependable than RotR, Guardians has some innovative elements but it seems like RotR is a completely different beast when it comes to complexity and things that could get screwed up.

As for ILL... I'm not sure anymore. The easy answer is to keep the ride that has the longest wait times, and I thought Remy might settle down eventually due to having such high capacity (plus, the other ride is FROZEN), but it doesn't look like that's happened yet.

I think it will definitely be Remy and Guardians once that opens. Frozen is a bit of a stretch for ILL IMO, although nowhere near the stretch that Space Mountain is(which Tron will clearly replace in time).

I’m excited because we are there until the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. My husband and son will be so excited to hear this. But I’d be lying if I wasn’t feeling a little concerned that this is one more thing to be anxious about trying to snag a ride for.

I'm with you, I'll be there that weekend and am just hoping that it will open and that I could get my boys on the ride, they would love it!

As far as I know, the Remy preview was only for AP and DVC. I would expect that the same thing happens here.

Is this the traditional way to introduce a ride? If so, in the recent past, do you have to secure your spots in some way with your DVC and/or AP memberships?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter