• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GTY Room Assignments

EGHopeful

Mouseketeer
Hi :wave2:

I have a question regarding room assignments with regards to GTY. Its our very first Disney cruise so I'm not sure how things work other than what I've read here on DIS.

My friend and I will be going on the Fantasy in December. I booked a 7A GTY and she booked a 09D GTY. We linked our reservations so that our daughters will be able to sit together during dinner and hopefully our rooms will be on the same floor. Has an Ocean view GTY status ever been upgraded to a Veranda? It would be nice if she could get a higher category room to be closer to us.

TIA

One of my tablemates was upgraded from an 11C to a 7A (Navigator's Verandah) on the Disney Magic repositioning cruise -- but he was a B2B guest. Of course, you should always book the room that you will be satisfied spending your nights during the cruise. If some pixie-dust is spread around, just think of it as extra.

I recently checked on the 4 December sailings of the Fantasy, and there still appeared to be Verandah Staterooms available. That may entice Disney to upgrade the higher categories (11 through 9) and then have a sale for we Floridians (Florida Resident Sale / Military Sale).

So, it's possible. (I see only Disney Wonder staterooms available for the Resident/Military December Sale at this point.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter