• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GTY Room Assignments

Ajojo

Mouseketeer
Just curious.....I know that buying a GTY room means DCL can assign it at anytime, but I was wondering when is the average time that people get the assignment?

We have some cruise newbies in my group and they are the only one that are still waiting for a room assignment. They are a bit nervous

We are 3 weeks out :yay::yay::yay:

Thanks

Seems like they usually assign on Mondays and Appx two wks before yr cruise so Monday closest to that day

I've heard of gty rooms being assigned anywhere between 45 days prior to 10 days prior. On our last cruise, there was a family that got their room assigned 3 weeks prior and within a week before departure their room was changed.
They had to tell us for FE gift exchange.

But no worries...they will have a room at least in the category they booked for.

I've heard of gty rooms being assigned anywhere between 45 days prior to 10 days prior. On our last cruise, there was a family that got their room assigned 3 weeks prior and within a week before departure their room was changed.
They had to tell us for FE gift exchange.

But no worries...they will have a room at least in the category they booked for.

I don't think I can wait that long! :crazy2: We have GTY for Jan 2 cruise and just hit 75 day mark. I'm hoping they get assigned soon. This summer we had GTY and in an email ~77 days it shows our room number assigned. :hourglass

I booked a 5E GTY in April this year and was assigned in September for my March 2013 cruise. I am so glad too! I would have driven myself crazy not knowing what room I was getting!!

we found out on a friday- same cat we booked we received.
We were about 40 days out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter