GTY Assignment Question

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by lin7, Feb 24, 2013.

1. lin7

lin7 DIS Veteran

I'm six days out from my sailing of March 2 on the Fantasy, and still have no room assignment. Just wondering if I would have to wait until the day I get to the port to get the assignment. I have read on the board that GTY usually get the assignments before the OGT, VGT rates. What was the latest you have been assign a room?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

Have you checked your reservation online? That's where most people find out the assignment, I don't think it's sent to you otherwise. If still unassigned, I guess it'll be a fun surprise at the port!

Enjoy your cruise!

4. nabi

nabi Home at Disney!

Personally, I prefer a GTY. I seem to get an upgrade moreso without an assigned room than if I had one and they needed upgrades.

5. Luv2Diz

Luv2Diz We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

We got our assignment about 45 days prior to our cruise last year. I was surprised, because I didn't expect to get it until a week or two before the cruise....or even at the port!

6. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

A guarantee room can be assigned at any time from booking date to embarkation day. That being said, regular GTY assignments tend to show up around 30-45 days out, where the last minute *GT assignments are about 2 weeks out.

Our first cruise, we didn't find out our room number until we got to the port.