Grumpy Old Man Rant

We always take earplugs with us, it helps cut down the noise while we sleep.
Although, I don't think I've ever had a GOOD night's sleep at any WDW Resort.
I'd get no sleep at all without earplugs.

I've always been amazed by the differing opinions of people on virtually every aspect of WDW. One of the items my wife and I have always commented on is how well we sleep at the Disney resorts - the only exception being a single stay at the Poly. We get some of the best rest there !

I've always been amazed by the differing opinions of people on virtually every aspect of WDW. One of the items my wife and I have always commented on is how well we sleep at the Disney resorts - the only exception being a single stay at the Poly. We get some of the best rest there !

That's just me, glad you guys are able to get restful sleep.

I think I've slept best at OKW. The mattress at SSR was probably the least comfortable I've slept on. Sometimes my mind just doesn't "shut off", I'll lay there with my eyes closed but still feel wide awake, or the room temperature isn't right. The heavy bedspread is annoying to me, I usually take it off the bed completely. But, I don't get good rest at any hotel. Of all the places in the world where I don't get good sleep, I'd rather be at Disney not getting good sleep. :laughing:

For those times, when you are forced to deal with these situations and you are trying to sleep, I recommend ear plugs. I use them and they are a life saver. You can purchase them at any drug store and they have many different options.
Good luck!

Despite the fact that hotel staff say "Welcome Home", this is not your home - it is a public space that you share with others, so please try and show some consideration for that.

1 - I understand that your children are excited to be at Disney. That is no excuse for you, as their parent, to let them run and scream down the hallways. There is acceptable and unacceptable behaviour for children - this is unacceptable, and I blame you - not them.

2 - Unless you are on the main floor, please do not let your children run, jump or be loud in your room. Teach them that there are people in the room below them who may not appreciate their youthful enthusiasm. If they need to burn off energy, that is what the pools and parks are for.

3 - if you are in the one bedroom side of a lockoff, your kitchen is right next to where others are trying to sleep, and the metal doors between the rooms are not soundproofed. I get that you may have had a fun day at the parks, but I don't want to hear about it at midnight when you come strolling in, nor do I want to hear about it at 5:30 in the morning. Nor are either of those times appropriate for you to load and unload your dishwasher, and to bang silverware and dishes doing so.

Ultimately, let's all try to be respectful and mindful that we're not, in fact, in our own homes and that our behaviour in the hotel directly impacts others.

A-MEN, Sir. Unfortunalty, they would have to be teaching their kids good manners and to respect others all the time, not just on vacation. this whole everyone needs a trophy, no dodgeball, and let the bullies get away with what they do is all symptoms of the same problem. IMHO parenting is become a lost art. If my kids acted in private the way so many do in public they would have been spending so much time writting me essays on good behavior, sitting in time out, and begging to go outside to play. I do NPOT belive v a child needs to be beat, but a crak or two on the butt to get their atention neverhurt anyone... I so agree wiuth you. also... more people need to go knock on the door and ask them to please control their kids.
I paid just as much money for my vacation as they did theirs, :confused3

I think it was pretty clear that normal run of the mill household noise, ( eg dishwasher), was NOT the problem, its LOUD Screaming jumping hollaring kids that run amuck with no disipline nor care or account of others that's being discussed... no one is talking about housekeeping and such, are they?

There is playing and there is disruption to others. Playing is fine as long as the kids are taught to consider others.

Guess I've just been lucky since I can't recall having neighbors make enough noise to be bothersome. Some running in the halls but never late at night or o an extreme.

Despite the fact that hotel staff say "Welcome Home", this is not your home - it is a public space that you share with others, so please try and show some consideration for that.

3 - if you are in the one bedroom side of a lockoff, your kitchen is right next to where others are trying to sleep, and the metal doors between the rooms are not soundproofed. I get that you may have had a fun day at the parks, but I don't want to hear about it at midnight when you come strolling in, nor do I want to hear about it at 5:30 in the morning. Nor are either of those times appropriate for you to load and unload your dishwasher, and to bang silverware and dishes doing so.
Ultimately, let's all try to be respectful and mindful that we're not, in fact, in our own homes and that our behaviour in the hotel directly impacts others.

This sort of sounds like being annoyed by normal household noise to me.

I can remember one trip I made with my son, when we stayed at All Star sports, and our room was near the main road. I heard so many sirens while we were there, I was sure we were right next to a hospital. I heard more sirens there than I do at work, and I am a doctor with an office in the building attached to the hospital. But, I think that there is a valid point about sound proofing the buildings. At work, I don't hear sirens at all, nor do I hear conversations in adjacent exam rooms. But, at Kidani village, I can hear conversations in other rooms, even at normal conversational levels.

But, on the other hand, too, I don't get bothered by the sounds of children. We see children in the office, and, yes, they do get upset when they need to be immunized. It is amazing what you can shut out if you put your mind to it. The sound of children playing doesn't bother me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter