Grumpy, his wife and their son Goofy dine at the World -- Updated 220 & 232(Pg 15&16)

KatMark

DIS Veteran
We will be traveling to the World and staying at AKL for two nights and NOT doing parks and then moving to OKW for four nights and doing the parks before driving to Marco Island for a week.

We have several ADR's set up with just the three of us and others set up with DIS friends. Whether we cancel one or two is anyone's guess at this point.

I will be doing a dining review, with pictures, when we get back. Here are the places we plan to eat:

Friday, September 23 --

Lunch -- Mara (AKL) Did not go
Dinner -- Raglan Road (this is first time for us) Raglan

Saturday, September 24 --Breakfast -- Boma Boma
Dinner -- Earl of Sandwich (this is first time for us) Earl

Sunday, September 25 --

Breakfast -- Crystal Palace (there will be of eight of us dining here) Breakfast at Crystal Palace
Lunch -- ???? Possibly Olivia's at Old Key West
Dinner -- ???? Possibly Olivia's at Old Key West or Cosmic Rays Cosmic Rays

Monday, September 26 --

Lunch -- Flame Tree Barbecue Flame Tree
Dinner -- Somehwere at Epcot -- possibly for fish & chips at the counter
service or brats in Germany Tangierine Cafe and Sommerfest

Tuesday, September 27 --

Breakfast -- Sunshine Seasons Sunshine Seasons
Dinner -- Captain's Grille (there will be 9 of us dining here) Olivia's Cafe

Wednesday, September 28 --

Writer's Shop
Lunch -- 50's Prime Time Did not go
Dinner -- Rose & Crown Did not go; went to LeCellier instead LeCellier

Thursday, September 29 --

Breakfast -- Kona (first time for us) Kona
Lunch -- Plaza (traditional last meal before we leave DW)The Plaza

Lots of great dining choices! I hope you keep Captain's Grille. We might dine there next summer (I need to make the BC reservation one of these day). I thought the fish & chips (counter) in Epcot looked good. I'll cross my fingers you have a meal there. ;) We enjoy The Plaza too (I never can get enough ice cream). I was just talking to our youngest DS today about next summer's possible trip and he wants to dine at 50's, The Plaza, and Yak & Yeti. :) I think I'm creating a Disneyaholic with my 13 year old. :cool1: Mission Accomplished!!!!!!! Enjoy the last month of planning! Isn't it FUN!!!!!!!!

I'm in.
I'll be there 9/24 - 10/1, on the Deluxe Plan. =)
Have a great trip!

:welcome: I'm glad you have joined. So you are there just about the same times we are. We are not doing the dining plan this year; I'm not sure we could do the deluxe -- a lot of food. You'll have to let me know how that goes.

Lots of great dining choices! I hope you keep Captain's Grille. We might dine there next summer (I need to make the BC reservation one of these day). I thought the fish & chips (counter) in Epcot looked good. I'll cross my fingers you have a meal there. ;) We enjoy The Plaza too (I never can get enough ice cream). I was just talking to our youngest DS today about next summer's possible trip and he wants to dine at 50's, The Plaza, and Yak & Yeti. :) I think I'm creating a Disneyaholic with my 13 year old. :cool1: Mission Accomplished!!!!!!! Enjoy the last month of planning! Isn't it FUN!!!!!!!!

:welcome: I'm glad to have you here. I doubt we will cancel Captain's Grille...we've been looking forward to that one a lot. I've had the fish & chips at Rose & Crown's sit down and really enjoyed them. We had Yak & Yeti (we ate there in 2007 and loved it), but we cancelled it because we haven't been to Flame Tree in a few years and wanted to go back there.

I probably should have made some brief introductions for those of you who have not followed my previous dining reviews or my Trip Reports or the CSR thread that I run.

First, there is me -- Kathy. I plan all of our trips, although I get a lot of input from my husband.

Second, there is my husband -- Mark. Mark is just a big kid in a man's body. He loves everything Disney. He's really not Grumpy, but he owns a lot of Grumpy shirts and so we gave him that nickname.

DSC01250.jpg

The last diner with us is our oldest son, Andy. We have two boys, Andy (age 25) and Mark (age 23). Andy was unable to secure a teaching job this semester (it's his first year trying to get a teaching job) so we suggested he join us for part of our trip since he's not been on vacation since 2009. Andy coaches baseball at one of the local high schools (he was just promoted to assistant coach on the Varsity team) and also coaches a travel and fall ball baseball team, and gives private hitting and catching lessons. Our younger son, Mark, just graduated college in May and lives in Dubuque, Iowa, where he went to school. He has NOT been to Disney since 2000, but he was unable to join us as he just started a full time job at Target; he'll be a personal trainer but he has to get certified and that costs money, so hence a job at Target for now. He also coaches at the high school level--but coaches wrestling (Mark wrestled from the time he was 9 years old and all the way through college).

Andy will join us on Tuesday, the 27th for the remaining part of the Disney trip; he is also driving with us to Marco Island where we will stay for a week; he will only be able to stay with us until the 1st as he has to get back to coach on Sunday.

Here is Andy with his dad when he took us to see Reba McEntire and George Strait earlier this year:

Andyanddaddy.jpg

In Marco Island, we will be hanging and dining with the Queen of DIS Dining Reviews, MickeyNicki. Nicki and I met on the DIS and we are like long lost sisters and we have talked almost every day for the last two years; she is my best friend.

Mark and I with Nicki and her husband Todd (Mark's twin...a private joke).

IMG_0992.jpg

I can't wait to check out your review! Loving this thread & it sounds like you have an amazing vacation plan!! Have an awesome trip!! Can't wait for details! :goodvibes

I'm joining in! :cool1:

I'm also thinking of doing a dining review - I sure spend enough time reading other people's dining reviews that though it was only fair to share mine as well! :goodvibes

:welcome:; delighted to have you.

I can't wait to check out your review! Loving this thread & it sounds like you have an amazing vacation plan!! Have an awesome trip!! Can't wait for details! :goodvibes

:welcome: Thank you for the kind words. We're really excited to try some new restaurants and two new resorts.

I'm joining in! :cool1:

I'm also thinking of doing a dining review - I sure spend enough time reading other people's dining reviews that though it was only fair to share mine as well! :goodvibes

Hi, Tanz; thanks for coming over. You should do one...I love reading dining reviews.

Subscribing! popcorn::

:welcome:. I appreciate you joining in.

Joining in! You will get there on my 23rd anniversary! Marv left for his trip on my birthday and now you will be there for my anniversary.....something is wrong with this! ;)

I'm in...sounds like a great trip. I'll be there right after you...I leave on 10/5 and come home on 10/17.

Jill in CO

Joining in! You will get there on my 23rd anniversary! Marv left for his trip on my birthday and now you will be there for my anniversary.....something is wrong with this! ;)

Hi, Tanya. Thanks for coming over. We will have to drink a toast to you on your anniversary (we're celebrating our 28th while there).

Well, Hello Andy. What days is he on the trip? haha ;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Perhaps I should have started this thread two months ago BEFORE Andy started dating his current girlfriend?

I'm in...sounds like a great trip. I'll be there right after you...I leave on 10/5 and come home on 10/17.

Jill in CO

Thank you for joining in Jill...glad to have you here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter