grrrr, dead fridge!

lowie

DIS Veteran<br><font color=00cc00>I got a tootsie
omgoodness, we have had the absolutely WORST run of bad luck since the start of this year!

not only has my FIL been diagnosed with cancer, my whole family is sick with various colds and flus, my son got croup and could barely breathe, we had to run him to the ER for a breathing treatment and steroid shot. and we all know how expensive the ER is, even with insurance.

then my entire closet in my bedroom collapsed, it's a big walk-in closet and the wire shelves we had were anchored with a lot of supports but they all pulled out of the wall, making quite a mess. we ended up doing a closet-maid system that i built myself and it looks great but it was pricey.

then when we finally thought things were calming down, my FIL is out of the hospital and going to start treatment, the kids are feeling better, i go food shopping. a BIG food shopping, since my FIL was in the hospital for over 2 weeks, we were eating out a lot between visits to him and i had nothing in the house.

then the fridge/freezer dies.

i seriously thought that was going to put me over the edge! my nervous breakdown was about 12 seconds away.

luckily, we found a GREAT deal on a french door model last night as a close out, but it is still expensive and we can't afford it. most of these babies go for well over $2200 and we got ours for less then $1600 PLUS we're getting back the delivery charge and we're getting a home depot gift card.

now i hope my homeowners insurance will pick up the tab on the food.

sorry to hear about the run of bad luck.

I'm a cat lover and noticed you have a hairless cat. Does it have dander since it has no fur? Does the cat have to wear a sweater in the winter?

TIA

Connie

I feel for you....that sounds like our year last calendar year.....right after I paid for our WDW trip! By the end of the year every appliance except for the stove had died (still haven't saved the money to replace the dishwasher yet....washing all those dishes by hand....hoping for a nice tax return!). But on the bright side, we enjoyed our trip to WDW (hey, it was already paid for!), and now all of our appliances shouldn't need to be replaced for at least another 10-12 years! :laughing: (Just remind me not to plan a trip to WDW that year......) :rotfl2:
Praying your FIL is healed and nothing else goes wrong this year!

connie, yes, the hairless cat has dander. he is a VERY sweet and lovable cat, as is the breed normally. we live on south florida, so we don't really have winter here, plus he's an indoor cat so he's never out in the cold.

if he was an outdoor cat, he would need sunscreen though!

to pednurse, thanks for your reply. i'm hoping you do get 10-12 years out of your new appliances, my fridge was only 4 years old!

I was going suggest just putting it outside until I saw you were from Palm Beach! That won't work!!!!

Sorry it happened and good luck!

Our two year old fridge died last weekend too! Of course, we have the backup fridge in the garage for beer/pizza, so we moved all to that,but boy I was upset the one that was the newest died!

Well, we got it fixed for free...seemed there were faulty motherboards in this fridge. I told the repair guy that the icemaker had been dying a slow death over the past month...he said that's the first sign of something going wrong, so don't ever ignore it.

So sorry for your string of bad luck. Hope it improves soon!

I am sorry to hear of your bad luck.. I know it seems like a lot but things well happen for reasons since they typically make us stronger better people.

Still it all always happens at once life knows no other way to test us except that way.

Be Strong and be well.

I too am in the market for a new fridge. What are the brands of your short lived models so I can avoid them???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter