Grrr! please give me feedback

CatDisney16

Earning My Ears
Hello all, I'm in the World now, (my phone has internet service) I'm leaving tomorrow, staying at POP Century. The peanut butter as mentioned in another thread is NOT free... well the 1st day was and theen yesturday I was charged 54 cents each! noo wayy .. so I took my handy dandy mug and filled it w. PB packets.. Oh well.... is this wrong to do? at other resorts their free n the 1st day I didn't pay a dime for them and I took 5 and the lady saw me take them for my sandwhich... any thoughts?

If they charge for it then pay for it?

Maybe I am missing something, and sorry if I am.

ETA: Different hotels have hot cocoa for free and others you have to pay, some have it out, some don't, some are now in the machines (like at POP). So I guess maybe PB is free somewhere and you were misled (probably without the poster knowing and of course yourself).

It used to be on the bar with the napkins, butter, drinks, sugar packets, ect. the last time I was there. If they are not there any more, then you have to pay for them, right? but if they are still on the bar they are free for use in the resturant or taking out if you are eating in the room. why would this be any different that bringing extra packets of equal or splenda back to the room?

I don't really consider Peanut Butter a condiment. I am surprised they left it out like that. I don't disagree that they didn't but Peanut Butter is definitely not the same price as salt, pepper, butter. or sugar. :confused3 More power to the people who didn't have to pay for it. I will be at Pop in a little more than 2 weeks I will scope it out.

Hmm, I had never seen it out with the condiments. If so though, I would only take it if I had bought something to use with it. I wouldn't bring bread from home and then grab some peanut butter, but I wouldn't grab anything like that unless I bought something to go with it.

Hmm, I had never seen it out with the condiments. If so though, I would only take it if I had bought something to use with it. I wouldn't bring bread from home and then grab some peanut butter, but I wouldn't grab anything like that unless I bought something to go with it.

IA w/this one.

I just don't see pB as a condiment either. Heck, it may be the only thing keeping dd going.

I'm not sure I understand this, so please correct me if I'm wrong anywhere.

You're being charged for something, 54 cents per packet. Then you decided to hide a bunch of them in something to avoid paying for them.

And then you're asking if you did something wrong???
::cop: ::cop: :faint:

You can thank all of the other people like you who loaded up on peanut butter instead of buying a jar of it at Target or Walmart for the new charge. They never should have been letting it sit out there in the first place, IMHO.

Hopefully tomorrow you'll pay for your peanut butter and not steal anymore.

Tiger :(

I was never charged for it at Pop. It was with the jelly packets. I never took more than one when I bought an apple. Maybe people were abusing the free pb and they decided to charge for it. Was there a sign? Sometimes the CMs do make mistakes. We had several mistakes made at that food court. It was really busy.

we were at pop a couple of months ago and they had peanut butter out in the center island with the toasters, drinks and napkins etc... I would have one in the morning with my wheat toast.

I am not sure what the question was. Is it wrong to take peanut butter after you find out its no longer free? or are you asking if disney was wrong to charge for it.

If you had to hide it to get it for free I think you have answered your own question.

In case that wasn't clear enough yes I think you stole it.

This goes right along with other borrowings I've witnessed. I've seen people order a sandwich and head to the huge condiment bars and load up a tray, paper, with lettuce, tomatoes and pickles and other what not and create a salad. Not for their sandwich, but for another member of their party not ordering. Seen it too many times that it irks me, usually if I spot it once or twice it doesn't bother me but lately its gotten out of hand, wouldn't surprise me to see just ketsup, mustard and mayo out and charge for all the rest. We were at WL in Aug-Sept, peant butter cups out, no charge. Jelly is another abused item, buy bread, take the free jelly and create a sandwich in your room. Lately been too many peeves around the world.

There is a store...go buy a jar of peanut butter, for heaven's sake. It'll cost you what...$2 or $3?

Good grief.

not to be snaky, but when we were there a couple of months ago 2 slices of bread were like .60 cents so even if you have to pay .50 cents for your peanut butter, its still one of the best on-site disney bargains.

when the peanut butter was free, dd and I would go to the food court in the morning and buy a couple of bread slices and then have peanut butter toast for breakfast. It was the cheapest meal we ever had at disney!

I just can't even believe this is a discussion. I agree with the others stop taking advantage and just buy a small jar! Then we wonder why those of us don't abuse the free stuff wind up paying extra for it. Stop stealing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter