Grrr! Coupons are the pits right now!

I only got 2 coupons from the inserts this week and saved a whoping 1.50 on my grocer bill! Ridiculous! I just read that TLC ordered 12 new episodes of Extreme couponing that will begin in September. Does that mean no more good coupons?

If you buy our local newspapers on Sat or Sunday there are now no coupons in them, only for home delivery!

When I want fruit juice I will not buy fruit drink just because that has a coupon while fruit juice does not.

Yes I am guilty of shelf clearing although I spread it out over several days.

Many coupons have always said DO NOT DOUBLE. That is not from the show.

Also, its still possible to get free toothpaste. For example, CVS has Crest toothpaste $2.99 and get back $2 ECB. Use a $1 coupon and you get it free.

Maggie

I've noticed way more that are saying do not double now. In fact in the recent flyer in our paper they all had do not double on them. In the past there were a select few with the do not double thing. My store is now limiting how many coupons you can use on one item. It's 5 I think? Which really doesn't impact me since I am not an extreme couponer I am only buying what we need.

I never payed attention to CVS as we don't have one locally- but one is opening up I guess I better learn more about that. I scored toothpaste for $.35 today- that's still pretty good.

I only got 2 coupons from the inserts this week and saved a whoping 1.50 on my grocer bill! Ridiculous! I just read that TLC ordered 12 new episodes of Extreme couponing that will begin in September. Does that mean no more good coupons?

you did better than me, :) I have zero coupons again this week for anything I want! Meijer is doing their 11/$10 deal and I have most always had at least a few coupons to match up with that sale. I got nothing, :laughing:

I usually do extremely well at Meijer, and the past few weeks, not so much. I usually do great with the 11 for $10 sale, but I noticed this time is was more Meijer brand, so no coupons were available.

FYI - Some stores still double up to .50 even if the coupon says Do Not Double. I know that our local Kroger will still double it.

The insert coupons have been getting worse and worse, but I've noticed that more and more manufacturers are turning to higher value printables. Usually you have to "Like" them on Facebook or sign up for emails or something, but it's worth it. I've been able to get some great coupons that would never come in the paper -- Bare Chicken, Laura's Lean Beef (both antibiotic free), Fage Greek Yogurt, etc.

I wish we had an Aldi! Our closest is 70 miles away :( I think that the lack of coupons isn't just from the couponing websites and shows. I think it's more a result of the bad economy.

Someone I know just purchased 11 jars of relish. Why? Seriously, how much relish can one family eat?

Well, if you see me at the store, please don't assume it's for one family. I have three sisters and we split up our lists so we each only have to go to one store. So if we all have coupon, I could possibly be buying for all four families if it's something we all like or will use.

I just don't have time to go to all five stores we frequent so we split them up every week. It saves us all time.:banana:

I noticed that a lot of the pages in the coupon inserts are now ads and not coupons???? I mean, there were always a few pages of ads for Grandma shoes or housecoats, but now there are just ads for shampoos, etc. with no coupons?????

Although, I am still finding enough to keep me happy for now. I had a decent run at CVS yesterday and it had been a few weeks since I felt like I had a good coupon day there.

Maggie

I noticed it....:sad2: and not happy. Hope it gets better very soon

Well, if you see me at the store, please don't assume it's for one family. I have three sisters and we split up our lists so we each only have to go to one store. So if we all have coupon, I could possibly be buying for all four families if it's something we all like or will use.

I just don't have time to go to all five stores we frequent so we split them up every week. It saves us all time.:banana:
That is a good idea.

The thing is, she posted a picture of it on FB stating that she "cleared the shelf". She did ask, "Does anyone out there need relish?", so while she did inquire if anyone could use it, IMO, she went in knowing that her family could not use 11 jars of relish. That is what I don't undertand. Why not just get what you're going to use?

She posts many picture of her "deals" on FB.......one of them being 3 boxes of KY Jelly. :eek: TMI, IMO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter