grr.. 10 days and no package from Disney

LVdisneyChick

Mouseketeer
I received the magical express info but nothing else. I called on Friday to verify that something was sent, they said I should have received it by now. They said they would ship it via ups on Monday and I should get it today. Well guess what. .. not here.

Im having the same issues hunny . I booked ME for FIVE people. They only sent me 3 luggage tags one of which ripped immediately. I called them TWO weeks ago telling them that I need to be mailed the other luggage tags.They said alrite...still havent gotten ANYTHING. Im annoyed. Thier customer service sucks.This is my first time flying/using ME. I'd rather have the luggage tags to make things less stressful!

This is interesting to hear...we are 14 days out and we have not received our ME tags or booklet/info. I called today and they said they sent it out on 3/13 but I have not received anything...they are resending so was happy to hear that. But after reading this, maybe I shouldn't be too happy yet... Oh well, we'll get it figured out - just too happy about going to let this get us down! Have a great trip!! :)

We had a little issue with ME, too.

Apparently there are some crossed signals, because I was looking for the luggage tags which guest services said should be in my packet, but they advised me to call ME directly since it's so close to my trip. ME told me they never send the luggage tags with the travel documents, they are always sent separately, AND that my information never got put in the system.

All fixed now, but wow, that's a pretty serious breakdown. If I hadn't called them about something else, I would have never known, and we could have not claimed our bags and gone to the resort without them.

We haven't gotten our resort package yet either. They said they sent it to our old address a while ago. I thought I had changed our address, plus we have our mail forwarded, but for some reason we never got it. They had to resend it.

Good luck getting yours!!

I have not received my resort package yet either. We are in Canada but it really seems like a huge delay since we arrive in 2 weeks.

Im having the same issues hunny . I booked ME for FIVE people. They only sent me 3 luggage tags one of which ripped immediately. I called them TWO weeks ago telling them that I need to be mailed the other luggage tags.They said alrite...still havent gotten ANYTHING. Im annoyed. Thier customer service sucks.This is my first time flying/using ME. I'd rather have the luggage tags to make things less stressful!

In case you don't know, you don't *need* the ME luggage tags, in case you don't get them on time. You can get your bags yourself or you can have Disney claim them. Just go to ME counter and give them the baggage claim tags you got from the airline.

From a sticky on the Transportation board:

I haven't gotten my tags yet!
Never fear. You have two options. You can claim your bags like normal, or you can have Disney claim them for you as if you did have those yellow tags. Bypass baggage claim, and go straight to the Welcome Center. From there, give the Cast Member your luggage claim tickets. They will create replacement tags for you, find your bags, tag them, and send them to your resort.

I have the exact opposite of what is happening to you. We arrive in Disney World on 4/30, and we have a split stay, two nights at the Poly and 7 nights at BLT. Since 3/15, I have received 3 sets of the paperwork & tags for the Poly part of our trip...and 2 sets of the paperwork & tags for the BLT part of the trip. We have friends from Connecticut staying with us at BLT, and they actually got a set of paperwork and tags as well. This morning I received a Free Dining Offer addressed to my home, but in my sister's name.

All this goes to prove that I should just bypass the bank and sign my checks directly over to Disney:rotfl2:

As long as you have ME tags you are good. You REALLY don't need the regular disney docs. But you can always have them send it to the hotel for you if they don't arrive intime.

Some of the above posts are confusing two very different issues. If you have a PACKAGE reservation (as opposed to a room-only reservation) you will get two separate mailings. One is the resort package, which is mailed from Walt Disney Travel Company or Disney Parks or something like that ... this will have your itinerary, little coupons/vouchers (like some % off water craft rental, some % off Planet Hollywood, and so on), and hard-plastic souvenir decorative luggage tags ... these luggage tags are not the Disney's Magical Express luggage tags.

There is a totally separate mailing that comes from a Disney's Magical Express mailing address. This mailing includes a DME instruction booklet and your DME luggage tags. The DME luggage tags are long strips of yellow sticky paper, pre-printed with all kinds of personalized information such as your reservation number, your name, resort name, barcodes, and so on.
They contract this out to Mears, right?
No.

Mears is the subcontractor that provides the buses and drivers, but Mears has nothing to do with the paperwork the logistics, the mailings, and so on. Disney has a different subcontractor that handles most of the printing and mailing, they have yet another different subcontractor that handles the logistical end of things, and so on. And then Disney itself manages it all, and also staffs the DME area at the airport. In fact, in the public area of the airport, the only non-Disney folks you'll see are the DME driver and the person who scans your voucher as you walk onto the bus ... those two folks are Mears employees.

As explained very well (above) by ses1230 and by justplaingoofy, you can still have DME automatically handle your luggage for you even if you don't have the DME tags, AND you can do everything you want and need to do before and during your check-in at your resort even if you don't have a shred of Disney paperwork with you.

Some of the above posts are confusing two very different issues. If you have a PACKAGE reservation (as opposed to a room-only reservation) you will get two separate mailings. One is the resort package, which is mailed from Walt Disney Travel Company or Disney Parks or something like that ... this will have your itinerary, little coupons/vouchers (like some % off water craft rental, some % off Planet Hollywood, and so on), and hard-plastic souvenir decorative luggage tags ... these luggage tags are not the Disney's Magical Express luggage tags.

There is a totally separate mailing that comes from a Disney's Magical Express mailing address. This mailing includes a DME instruction booklet and your DME luggage tags. The DME luggage tags are long strips of yellow sticky paper, pre-printed with all kinds of personalized information such as your reservation number, your name, resort name, barcodes, and so on.
No.

Mears is the subcontractor that provides the buses and drivers, but Mears has nothing to do with the paperwork the logistics, the mailings, and so on. Disney has a different subcontractor that handles most of the printing and mailing, they have yet another different subcontractor that handles the logistical end of things, and so on. And then Disney itself manages it all, and also staffs the DME area at the airport. In fact, in the public area of the airport, the only non-Disney folks you'll see are the DME driver and the person who scans your voucher as you walk onto the bus ... those two folks are Mears employees.

As explained very well (above) by ses1230 and by justplaingoofy, you can still have DME automatically handle your luggage for you even if you don't have the DME tags, AND you can do everything you want and need to do before and during your check-in at your resort even if you don't have a shred of Disney paperwork with you.

Thanks for clarifying!

when do they typically mail the resort package? we leave in a month, I paid in full at booking. Nothing from Disney yet

For my December trip I got my paperwork around 30 days out. This time I got my paperwork at 17 days out. I don't know what is going on but something seems to be up.

I Since 3/15, I have received 3 sets of the paperwork & tags for the Poly part of our trip...and 2 sets of the paperwork & tags for the BLT part of the trip.

So NOW the other posters know who has all their tags! :lmao:

when do they typically mail the resort package? we leave in a month, I paid in full at booking. Nothing from Disney yet

Once your balance is paid in full, your documents are queued for printing, and then mailed. It could be a month in advance of your trip, it could be a week. It's in the hands of the printing gods ;)

Magical Express is a printing/mailing nightmare. I am a TA and in the last year especially the reliability of the mailings has declined. If I receive 60% of my client's luggage tags, I'm lucky. DME cm's always have the same answer - our system shows the docs were printed.....heard it all before. Some have actually confessed that the system is very imperfect. No kidding!

As all mentioned, you can easily complete all travel without your docs. Check in at DME with your baggage claim tags and you are good to go. Call and ask to have your resort documents printed and waiting at check-in. You're set :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter