Group Costume 2025 MW Thread

Which race day(s) are you interested in group costumes? (up to two choices)

• Total voters
I’m so sad too! I’ve been wanting to do this for so long, but I’m only signed up for the marathon

I’m so sad too! I’ve been wanting to do this for so long, but I’m only signed up for the marathon
That's why I asked about joining in the group theme-wear for a future meet-up. That way the purchase isn't a "one and done" cost. :cutie:

I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to having it as an optional uniform for DAtW or the HH meet-up....
That's a great idea, and removes some of the "am I in the right place?" awkwardness of, just as a purely hypothetical example, wandering back and forth through the America pavilion while a table full of people yells your name. Ahem.

I remember back in the day when people would get the lime green Mickey paint chips and use those as a way to identify other Disboards people.

That's a great idea, and removes some of the "am I in the right place?" awkwardness of, just as a purely hypothetical example, wandering back and forth through the America pavilion while a table full of people yells your name. Ahem.

I remember back in the day when people would get the lime green Mickey paint chips and use those as a way to identify other Disboards people.
That was pretty epic. I also remember the lime green days. It would have also saved me from meeting up with the wrong group entirely pre-race a few years back. (I was still new to the IRL gatherings.)

It looks like the half is gaining steam! Kerry had expressed interest (and maybe his daughter would too?) which would put you at 9. I could participate as well, depending on the costume (I’m trying to cut back on big purchases for those this year.)
“Just” doing Goofy, so the half would be my choice of race to participate, if it’s a simple idea that won’t be hard to create or run in.

I'm just going to throw this out there: there's a lot of popularity with the flag shirts, and if people who are running the half want to use this idea as well, that's totally an option. It would be easy to run in, could be used for HH or DATW, AND would make us really easy to find for the pre-race morning meetups.

We'll plan for a round of voting for the Half after SS weekend is over.

We could use our screen names on the tags and "DISboards" as the "home town"
Now I'm thinking we'd be like the old Mickey Mouse Clue where we all have our nicknames on our shirts.

I really like the idea of coming up with a design specific to the members of this forum and having our screen names on the shirts. Maybe a riff on my old Disney Running "Storming the Castle" shirt, with it's tag line of "The ultimate park hopper" and a very high level route map on the back.

I like the flag idea for being able to use it elsewhere, even outside of DISmeets. It would be fun to wear for any race, especially ones that bring in folks from all over. I like the Mouseketeer idea for DISmeets and wearing at a Disney park. I strongly suggest tech fabric for travel light and wearable breathability.

My local run club has done a few productions for swag over the years, and I can ask the vendor they've used. That one, the vendor ships to one location and the club distributes the swag. My costume club uses a vendor that both makes and ships the product direct to the buyer. It's a little more expensive because of the service, but it's all in all less cumbersome for the merch liaison. Let me know if you need sources. :)

I like the flag idea for being able to use it elsewhere, even outside of DISmeets. It would be fun to wear for any race, especially ones that bring in folks from all over. I like the Mouseketeer idea for DISmeets and wearing at a Disney park. I strongly suggest tech fabric for travel light and wearable breathability.

My local run club has done a few productions for swag over the years, and I can ask the vendor they've used. That one, the vendor ships to one location and the club distributes the swag. My costume club uses a vendor that both makes and ships the product direct to the buyer. It's a little more expensive because of the service, but it's all in all less cumbersome for the merch liaison. Let me know if you need sources. :)
I'll take you up on that. let me sketch out what I'm thinking (I was designing in my head during yesterday's run) and share with the group. If people like the idea, I'll get a count of shirts and can see about taking orders.

I'll take you up on that. let me sketch out what I'm thinking (I was designing in my head during yesterday's run) and share with the group. If people like the idea, I'll get a count of shirts and can see about taking orders.
As far as the flag shirts, there are multiple vendors on etsy that have these available with cuts for men and women (and tank tops, skirts, and leggings) and would allow people to order on their own schedule. And if someone didn't want an atheltic shirt, there are several vendors that can make the button-up collared shirt like the CMs actually wore. So there might not be a need to do a whole new design. Having removeable/optional name-tags opens the shirts up to more uses too.

As far as the flag shirts, there are multiple vendors on etsy that have these available with cuts for men and women (and tank tops, skirts, and leggings) and would allow people to order on their own schedule. And if someone didn't want an atheltic shirt, there are several vendors that can make the button-up collared shirt like the CMs actually wore. So there might not be a need to do a whole new design. Having removeable/optional name-tags opens the shirts up to more uses too.
1. I'm not dis-ing the flag shirts (see what I did there....)
2. This would in in addition to the flag shirts, if anyone is interested in also having a shirt for those of us on the DIS-board.

I've already got a design in my head, which means I now need to sketch it out in order to get it out of my head (it's scary in there, I know) and move on...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter