• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ground transportation from Sanford to Disney Resorts?

dusty

Earning My Ears
Now that DME and luggage handling... (I miss the luggage handling more than the transportation!) is going away, I find that flying from my home to Sanford airport via Allegiant may be a better plan for me for my future Disney trips. so I need help regarding getting from Sanford airport to Disney Resorts. What are my choices? Just renting a car? Any good car services from Sanford? What do they costs? Or should I just keep flying into MCO and figure out shuttles from there? Any words of advice appreciated. Thanks, Ella

Sanford is over 40 miles to Disney whereas MCO is under 20. You can factor that in to your costs. I’ve never gotten there from Sanford but that’s also because I would never fly Allegiant. I’d stick with MCO.

Research your options... A toll road will save you time, cost maybe $15.00.-20.00
Uber will let a local get you to WDW. A car will give you freedom to do/ go other places

We usually fly Allegiant Air into Sanford and use Tiffany Town Car to take us to WDW.
How much does this cost you? I’m looking into this for a one way transport from WDW to Sanford for our outgoing flight. We have a party of 4 so do they have vans?

Would like to know more about this as well. More and more low cost airlines are using Sanford.

IMHO, I would NOT recommend flying into Sanford, as mentioned by a pp, its over 40 miles away from WDW property which equates to about an hour drive (possibly more with traffic)..

IMHO, I would NOT recommend flying into Sanford, as mentioned by a pp, its over 40 miles away from WDW property which equates to about an hour drive (possibly more with traffic)..

On the other side of this... Many of the airlines that fly into SFB do so from smaller originating airports.

In my case Allegiant flys non-stop to SFB from from the two closest airpots to my home (about 1hr drive). If I wanted a non-stop to MCO I would have to drive to a larger airport (2.5hr - 2.75hr). So the hour drive from SFB to the resort is offset by the shorter drive on the home side.

Vs the 30-35 minutes from MCO. You might save enough money flying into Sanford, that the extra hour (round trip) to utilize Sanford may still be worth it.
I would not let the distance (in this case) decide airport... cost of flight, time of flight, cost of transportation, and airline, yes. I prefer Sanford airport to MCO, but I prefer the airlines going into MCO vs those utilizing Sanford. YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter