Groomsman Gifts

turtle51

Disney Fanatic
So I was wondering. We really do not want to give the groomsman a flask or shot glass because it really is something that they do not use again.

Is it wrong to give them a gift certificate equal to the amount of the gift that was spent on the bridesmaids?

I would rather they use it than it just sit there.

I left that up to DH, since he is the person who knows them better. I think a gift certificate is fine if that's all you can think of. Sure beats a worthless trinket that will never be used again.

How about a set of these: Mickey Cufflinks

cuf-dis-mm-sl.jpg

Another idea might be a personalized gift for each groomsmen. I was recently in a wedding party, and each of us received a book catered to our tastes, with a personal message written from the groom. I really liked that. I don't think they really care how much money is spent. If you think they may think this way, just pay for their tux rental.

I'm leaving it up to DF as well, but personally I would always rather a gift certificate I will use than something I don't really want. And for those that think it's impersonal, what is more personal than the gift I pick for myself? ;)

I think DF is thinking of video games for some and we will probably make t-shirts. I'm pretty sure he plans to do something personal to each one's interests.

I have never seen anyone use a flask and while they may use a shot glass or etched beer glass, no one really gets super excited over that.

The mickey cufflinks are really cute, but keep in mind if your BP are Disney fans like you are. If so they would probably really like them, if not they may wonder what you were thinking. DF got personalized cufflinks when he was in his sister's wedding last summer and he thought it was kinda lame. Mainly because no one really has shirts that use cufflinks so it's not really a "gift" if the only time they will use it is your wedding. If you did do that, I would do something else thats more for them.

That being said, I think my DF would like those Mickey cufflinks for our wedding so I may have to go out and get them for him. :goodvibes

I wear my set a few times a week. I only wear double (french) cuff shirts in the office. In our office of about 15 males, only 4 of us wear double cuffs, so I can see why people that don't generally wear cufflinks won't like the gift.

I will be wearing my set on my wedding day too! They look much nicer than their $50 price tag too.

At the suggestion of my lovely bride, I got personalized maglites for my guys, and they were a big hit! Everyone can use a good flashlite. check out lazerdesigns.com which has lots of cool options.

We found bootleg liquor kits for each of the guys with all different types of liquor to make, DF loves his!

We are doing Disney gift cards for our entire wedding party. We got them at Disneyshopping.com because we could pick a different design for each card appropriate for each person (they have a "wedding" set of gift cards with various disney couples), and they send it along with a personalized gift card holder! And no shipping charge! We're also doing personalized t-shirts.

We gave both our guys and girls personalized Disney Michey watches (from the Disney Shopping website). We had the large face with Mickey and their names and a black band for the guys and the same watch but with a smaller face with their names and a red band for the girls.

We liked the watches so much we had one made for each of our Dad's and one made for each of us. It was funny, we took the guys out for breakfast locally a few months before the wedding to go over with them what they needed to do before the wedding - to over the tux info - the resort info and what the time line for the day was going to be. My dad said - so this is why you are giving us watches - to keep us on time that day:rotfl::rotfl:.

We also had personalized duffel bags made for the guys from the Disney Shopping website. I had purchased black Disney totes for the girls at our local Disney store when they put them on sale. I made up folders for my girls with all the information they needed for the wedding along with info on the resort they were staying in and things to do at Disney.

I think everyone like their items and I know everyone still wears their watches.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter