• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocrey Delivery

blondietink

DIS Veteran
Did I miss something? :confused: I thought there was no sales tax on groceries in Florida. I just placed my grocery delivery order through Garden Grocer and there is over $7.00 of sales tax added to it. Why? I know we pay sales taxes on groceries when we visit South Carolina, but I didn't think Florida had them too. I am just not used to paying sales taxes on groceries. Any info./clarification would be appreciated! :cool2:

This link will make it crystal clear . . . not!

Could there be a tax associated with delivery (a service)?

Is it possible that it is because you are not in Florida buying groceries, but ordering and paying over the net?

Here in Illinois, staple food items are charged at a low tax (1.25%) while "ready to eat" items are at the normal (higher) tax rate. Lots of things are included in the higher rate, like cookies/baked goods, deli items, soft drinks, paper goods, etc. I think I remember from our last trip that Florida has something similar.

Mary

I think I will email Garden Grocer for an explaination. Here in NY we don't pay any sales tax on groceries. According to the link, nothing that I ordered should be taxed, etiher. I will let you know what they say. :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter