• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery store

Arielle71

Mouseketeer
I know this might not be the appropriate forum but can someone local tell me if the grocery stores (winn dixie, publix) in Orlando are going to be open on sunday april 5th and/or monday april 6th (easter week-end) ???

Thanks in advance...

Everyone is open Monday. Publix is closed on Easter Sunday. Winn dixie is open normal hours on easter.

A grocery delivery service will be able to shop for you and deliver the day before, and Bell Services will hold everything until you check in.

I'm genuinely and only curious - why would you expect stores to not be open that Monday?

In our town the grocery stores are going to be close on Easter and easter monday. Almost all the buisnesses are also going to be closed, including banks and postal services. (ps we are in Quebec)

Okay, thanks. In the United States Easter Monday isnt celebrated to nearly that degree. Or at all, really.

Okay, thanks. In the United States Easter Monday isnt celebrated to nearly that degree. Or at all, really.

We had never heard of "Easter Monday" until we moved to Michigan last year.

When someone mentioned it to me my brain paused for about 1.5 seconds and I thought: "Wow - they moved Easter to Monday this year???..."

LOL

My daycare closed for Easter Monday last year, and until I read this post just now, I assumed it was something they made up. Interesting.

In the US it's more common for people to have off for Good Friday than Easter Monday, although I still wouldn't say it's very common to have the Friday off.

Hey, I'm surprised I have Easter off.

Many people don't realize that Easter is not considered a "National Holiday."

Many hourly workers get paid "time-and-a-half" or "double-time" if they work on days considered "National Holidays."
(Christmas, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, etc.)

But, there is generally no specific overtime paid for working on Easter.

I have always had to work Easter Sunday (and Saturday) but Good Friday and Easter Monday are Union holidays for most places. Crazy to be told Easter is not a holiday. They think no one works on Easter.

In the US it's more common for people to have off for Good Friday than Easter Monday, although I still wouldn't say it's very common to have the Friday off.

For DH and I both good friday and easter monday are paid hollidays but we are in Canada.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter