Grocery store question

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
Do FL grocery stores sell liquor? Our party of 6 is coming down in Jan for Marathon weekend (split stay 2 BDRM BW View, BWV, 2 BDRM VWL) and there will be some adult beverages consumed. :-)

The grocery stores in my town (on the Missouri side) sell alcohol. If the grocery stores don't, is there one close to a liquor store that we could hit? We're using Tiffany towncar to get from the airport so will only get one stop for provisions.

Thanks!

We have used Tiffany and they stopped in a strip mall that had both a Publix and a liquor store. Part of our group shopped Publix and the other group did the liquor store. We were in and out in less then the alotted 30 minutes. Just tell your driver your needs and I'm sure they will accomodate you as best they can.

You can purchase beer and wine at FL grocery stores. I am not sure about hard liquor. The Publix we go to has beer/wine in the store and a separate liquor store right next door.

You can also purchase beer at the Hess across the street from the BW. :goodvibes

If you can get one stop, then ask to stop at SAMS Club on Irlo Bronson Hwy 192. It is about 7 minutes from downtown Disney. SAMS has an outside liquor store that has the absolute best prices on liquor. Example a half gallon of Bacardi is $18.60, Kahlua half gallon $19., Jack Daniels half gallon $23. I am not talking 750 ml bottles, I am talking half gallons! You can pick up groceries items inside of SAMS regular store. Also on the same road is a "Super Target" a few businesses down that has a grocery and deli department.

A taxi cab from Downtown - Go to Hotel Plaza Blvd turn right onto SR535 until it deadends at Irlo Bronson Hwy 192, turn left and SAMS and Super Target are about a half mile down the road on the left hand side.

The money that you will save on groceries and definitely liquor is well worth the trip!! There is also a Super Walmart on SR535 as well, but SAMS has the best prices on liquor and beer. If you cannot get there, then the next best place is ABC Liquor - instead of turning right on SR535 from downtown Disney, you turn left onto SR535 follow about one mile to ABC Liquor it is on the right side of the road. Beer is higher and liquor is about 3 -5 dollars per half gallon more than SAMS. We have checked out all of the liqour stores everywhere.

Here is another tip - Rental cars can be cheap if you have the right coupon code. Dollar Rental Car use code KISS2 or KISSE you will be amazed at how cheap the prices are. I can usually get a minivan for $250 for ten days, a mid size car like a Dodge charger for $100 - 200 depending on the time of year. One car to zip around in for errands, food, and entertainment will be more than cost effective for you! If you sign up for Dollar Express you won't even have to wait in line at the airport. They are located by the luggage (escalator down)they hand you your keys, you walk straight out the door and right over to your car - the whole process is less than 10 miuntes! Too sweet! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter