• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery stop using town car service

suzanp66

Earning My Ears
I am leaving May 8th for my first Disney trip :bounce

I have a question about stopping at the grocery store when you use a towncar pick up service (I'm thinking of using Tiffany)

I would like to stop at the grocery store to pick up a few things (case of bottled water, soda, snacks, etc.). The question is; is there any type of a problem getting the grocery bags to your hotel room? Is the town car going to drop us off at the hotel lobby (we're staying at the CBR) and make us carry all the bags to the hotel room, or are they going to wait while we check in and then drive over to the building where our room is?

Any information at all will be very helpful. If it's going to be a problem, then I probably just won't make the grocery store.

Thank you! These boards have helped me SO much!

We did this last August at POR with the grocery stop as well. The car drives you up to the lobby entrance and you can then turn your bags (suitcases and grocery items) over to bell services. After you check in, you go to your room and call over to bell services and they'll have someone bring everything to your room. I assume it would be the same at CBR and it was very convenient! Sure, it meant a few extra dollars for a tip, but I would prefer to pay someone to drop them off than to have to cart everything around myself.

We did the same thing on check-out day. We had bell services come and pick up our luggage and went to the parks (we did express check-out). When we got back to POR after lunch, we were allowed to go into the room where they keep the luggage and get my DH's laptop computer (left everything else there) and used that to entertain ourselves until the towncar arrived to take us to the airport. When the car arrived, we got our luggage and the towncar driver loaded it up for us... we didn't carry our luggage at all in Florida.

Thank you for your reply! I was thinking that maybe the grocery stop was going to be too much trouble; but you made it definitely sound worthwhile. Thanks :)

Our flight doesn't get in until around 10 pm--will this be too late to take advantage of grocery stop with towncar service? I assume there are 24 hour grocery stores in area but want to make sure.

Would it be cheaper to use a towncar one way and rent a car for 2 or 3 days to go to Universal or just rent a car all week? Also, how many does the Town car hold - we have 5.

We just returned from CBR last Saturday. Used Tiffany for both ways. Also had a grocery stop on the way in. The only issue we had was that the dispatch forgot to tell our driver that we had requested the stop, so she was on a tight schedule, we made a quick dash into Publix, grabbed a cooler and a few items to snack on, as well as a few breakfast things. Worked well! Our driver then took us to the Custom House at CBR, where a bellman happily took care of ALL of our luggage, as well as grocery items. We checked in, and then got a ride over to our room. The bellman then happily! lugged all of our luggage up to our second floor room on a cart. We gave him a nice tip, and carried on. It was effortless!

Enjoy your trip! I am jealous, wish we were going back that soon!

Always take Tiffany and stop at store. The bellman just hang the bags from the luggage cart and never blink. I will be a bit self-conscious this trip though as in addition to picking up our own groceries I told my sister I would get hers too. This will likely include at least a case of beer, in addition to my wine, so it will look like we are planning to have quite the party!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter