grocery shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I unload groceries onto the checkout belt, I put all the refrigerated and frozen items together, that "encourages" the bagger to put them together. All the heavy stuff goes on the belt first (detergent, juices, etc.), canned goods together, and chips/breads got on the belt LAST so they get put in bags together or on top of bags that still have a little room. Keeps bread from getting squished if nothing else. Seems to work

do you get annoyed ,when you ask to have stuff bagged a certain way and they don't do it. I live 30 min from the store so I asked the bagger to put all of my cold items in my cold bag with icepacks she put laundry detergent in the cold bag instead, so now my meat and other cold items are no good, next time I will bag my own stuff
Are you sure that you aren't Tinker-belle and Eyore?

Up to 6 pages now. How many will it take to solve this?
Solve???? I keep reading to see how many changes and additions to the saga of the ice cream's trip home will be made. It is fascinating that anyone would want so badly to make this dramatic and unpreventable.

I am really rather sucked into it now and about to go looking for the midnight Wal Mart thread--I missed it the first time around I think.

Are you sure that you aren't Tinker-belle and Eyore?

The irony here is that, while everyone is up in arms about the treatment of the special-needs bagger, the poster mentioned above is known to have some disabilities of her own as well, and yet her name is being used as an insult. How is that treatment any better?

So, yes, good, continue to shame the OP for something she didn't even actually do, and by all means, go and "like" the comment clearly insulting Tinkerbell, who is, by the way, a member of this board who has full access to this post.

The irony here is that, while everyone is up in arms about the treatment of the special-needs bagger, the poster mentioned above is known to have some disabilities of her own as well, and yet her name is being used as an insult. How is that treatment any better?

So, yes, good, continue to shame the poster for something she didn't even actually do, and by all means, go and "like" the comment clearly insulting Tinkerbell, who is, by the way, a member of this board who has full access to this post.
I agree with you, people here are so rude and judgmental

So, yes, good, continue to shame the OP for something she didn't even actually do, and by all means, go and "like" the comment clearly insulting Tinkerbell, who is, by the way, a member of this board who has full access to this post.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm?

I have not read any of the thread and only briefly read his/her opening post. I find it odd that she is a teacher and has trouble finding her way through the most simplest of tasks and needs help making decisions on such simple matters, is all.

I have not read any of the thread and only briefly read his/her opening post. I find it odd that she is a teacher and has trouble finding her way through the most simplest of tasks and needs help making decisions on such simple matters, is all.
what are you talking about, what because I asked if I should do something for my daughter's 4th grade graduation

Understandable, but the point I was trying to make was that it wasn't too kind to throw Tinkerbelle under the bus for no reason.

I wouldn't ask for a refund (because once it is out of the store, it is on you) but if you know the bagger's name, you could call the store and tell the manager so the girl can receive extra training. If you have never seen her before, she might be new and still learning.

I also redistribute bags once I get to my car. Takes me a couple of minutes extra.

what are you talking about, what because I asked if I should do something for my daughter's 4th grade graduation
:confused3
Now I am completely confused.

What does your daughter's 4th grade graduation have to do with you being annoyed that your bags were not packed properly by a person with special needs, causing your ice cream to melt to soup and your meat having to be thrown away after the 30 minute drive home in 95 degree heat with a severe storm and tornado looming and then wanting advice on whether you should ask for a refund or not.

Was the ice cream for your daughter's graduation?

What does your daughter's 4th grade graduation have to do with you being annoyed that your bags were not packed properly by a person with special needs, causing your ice cream to melt to soup and your meat having to be thrown away after the 30 minute drive home in 95 degree heat with a severe storm and tornado looming and then wanting advice on whether you should ask for a refund or not.

And it all comes full circle.

no art 1 made a snide remark, no a lot of this food is for the end of the year baseball party we have on our farm, the league pays for the food, but I did have $500.00 worth of food for my family. the girl was new as I had never seen her before. I am upset because this is one of my last checks till September so I was buying a lot of different foods that would last. and yes my husband works but we are down to one income during the summer

no art 1 made a snide remark, no a lot of this food is for the end of the year baseball party we have on our farm, the league pays for the food, but I did have $500.00 worth of food for my family. the girl was new as I had never seen her before. I am upset because this is one of my last checks till September so I was buying a lot of different foods that would last. and yes my husband works but we are down to one income during the summer

You dont need to explain yourself to anyone on this board.

If you are a teacher then you should be used to living on one check in the summer. It's just part of the gig. But all of that aside, even if it was 90 degrees outside and you drove home 30 minutes, there is no way that the food was bad and inedible. Sure, your ice cream might have been a bit melted but even it could have probably been refrozen. If you threw it all away then that was foolishness on your part and the store and new special needs bagger have nothing to do with that.

And I kind of agree with Art, you claim to be a teacher and yet you never seem to use proper punctuation, capitalization, or grammar and you seem to be asking a lot of common sense questions lately and when you don't get the response that you apparently want, you keep coming back and adding more to your story while dodging questions that other posters repeatedly ask. Stuff like that makes me, and I'm sure others, question the validity of your posts.

How about we all play nice in the sandbox, folks?

There's no reason for name-calling and accusations to be flying in here.

Thanks for your cooperation!

I think everybody is unanimous in assuring you that your food should be fine after only a 30 minute drive home, no matter how warm it got. So, no need to fret, hopefully, you just put it right in the fridge or freezer.

but I did have $500.00 worth of food for my family.
the girl was new as I had never seen her before. I am upset because this is one of my last checks till September so I was buying a lot of different foods that would last. and yes my husband works but we are down to one income during the summer
Honestly-that is a LOT of groceries! You should have checked the bag-IMO
I mostly don't trust anyone to bag cold stuff together-so I PUT the cold stuff together BEFORE its rung up to "help" them.
Then put those items in ice chest in car

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter