Grocery Service?

We have used GG for our past 3 trips, but are planning to try Safeway Delivery for this trip. They are much cheaper and will also deliver alcohol. The only negative is that you have to be present for delivery if you order alcohol. We'll see how it goes.
Unless its changed in the last last two years, you can scan or text a picture of your license to GG and they will leave your alcohol. I've done that at least twice.

I have also done that with GG, but Safeway will not do that and we are going to try them this time for their lower prices.

We have always used Garden Grocer. It was just really easy and reliable. Usually we would be on Magical Express or in line in the lobby when I would get the text saying the order was there. I saw on a vacation video though someone order from Amazon Prime Now for their groceries and it looked pretty easy. I have had the opportunity to use them myself at home. I ordered fans for each bedroom when our AC went out and I couldn't leave home because I wasn't sure when the HVAC guys would show up. I may do a comparison this trip.

Unless its changed in the last last two years, you can scan or text a picture of your license to GG and they will leave your alcohol. I've done that at least twice.

Is it a good idea to send copies of your ID to strangers online?

We have always used Garden Grocer. It was just really easy and reliable. Usually we would be on Magical Express or in line in the lobby when I would get the text saying the order was there. I saw on a vacation video though someone order from Amazon Prime Now for their groceries and it looked pretty easy. I have had the opportunity to use them myself at home. I ordered fans for each bedroom when our AC went out and I couldn't leave home because I wasn't sure when the HVAC guys would show up. I may do a comparison this trip.

We used wegoshop for a trip with the DGKs. Spent about 175 in groceries, but then paid about $ 60 -70 between service fees and tips for shopper and bell service. Later in the week, we needed just a couple more things and used Prime Now. At the end of the trip we ended up throwing away some food and left some untouched snacks and soda/water.

I'm thinking next trip, we may just get three smaller orders from Prime Now. They seem to be expanding their choices. They now have some fresh fruit. That was a biggie with the DGKs. We may spend more for the food items, but we won't be throwing/ leaving as much food.

Definitely Garden Grocer! We've used them several times and they are fantastic. We even had the front desk hold our stuff from them for us once when we were delayed. They even refridgerated the stuff that needed it.

Another vote for Garden Grocer. I haven't compared their prices with the other services yet, but I found it to be fairly reasonably, plus I get a coupon code for a free case of water from my stroller rental company. If you are water drinkers, make sure you get some cases of water. It's much cheaper than paying the $3/bottle at the parks.
where do you rent your stroller from.

I used Safeway for our trip. I priced out the same(ish - selection was slightly different) cart on both GG and Safeway's website, and Safeway came out much cheaper for us. We did order beer and I DID have to be there to show ID, but I was able to set a delivery window in advance and just set it for a time I knew we'd be in the room.

Update: I used Amazon Prime Now for our recent trip. I placed the order on the day of our arrival. Our plane was scheduled to land at 8:55pm. I chose the 6-8pm delivery window. The order was in our room when we arrived. I will be using them going forward.

I went and investigated and Shipt has now wandered into the market down there. They have ABC Wine and Publix through their site and since I already have a membership through Meijer up here, I can just use them down there. They are more expensive than Amazon but way cheaper than GG. I went on GG's site and $6 for a box of Quaker Instant Oatmeal. That's insane! PLUS a delivery charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter