• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery Question at OKW

3-MER

Wayne
Looking at different options for a few small items while staying at OKW. We would like beer, coffee, milk, light breakfast stuff, like doughnuts etc. looking at Wegoshop, it looks like fees would be $25. My question is, is it easier to get a cab from OKW and hit a Publix or something? Is the Hess station easy to get to? Does the market at OKW have these things? Any other suggestions. We will not have a car, and are using ME from the airport.

Thanks for the help

For such a small order, I would not bother with going offsite or delivery due to the fee involved. I think Garden Grocer who is who we use has a $50.00 minimum and I guess others do also. The mini store at OKW has the items you mentioned and even those they charge more for them, I think I would just buy them there. Convenience is worth a few bucks....smjj

If you are a DVC member, get on the website and look for the grocery order form. You don't have to order from it, but the likelihood is pretty high that what's on it will be in the OKW market store. You might also check to see if the Resorts forum here on Disboards has a thread going for OKW and, if it does, if there's a post in there listing what (particularly alcohol) is available in the market. You can ask this same question, as well, to see if you can catch someone who's already there (to look for you) or perhaps someone who's gone to the Hess from OKW and how they went about the process.

Apparently if you are not a DVC member you can see the order form anyway -- you just have to google it.

I found that the store at OKW carries more items than the other stores. We have used the store for most things but when we are with a larger group of family used Garden Grocer. I compared prices for Garden Grocer with OKW and found some things less expensive at OKW. For milk, juice, bread in small quantities shopping at OKW is fine. Of course at home I shop for bread, doughnuts etc at a local outlet so paying full retail price is startling to say the least!:rolleyes:

We used the shopping service available to the DVC members even though we stayed on a cash reservation. The groceries items were from the OKW store. For a ten dollar fee they delivered the groceries to the villa and put them away for us. It was worth it not to have to worry about the food or arranging for the delivery from an outside service. We had a full breakfast every morning, bacon, eggs, orange, etc and it saved us a lot of money compared to eating out.

I, too, have found that - at least for the items that I eat - most of what I'd want to buy is slightly cheaper at the resort shops than a 3rd party grocery service. The last time I really sat down and tried to figure out what I wanted to do, the total between the two options was basically the same. One good thing, of course, about a grocery service is the variety and access to things such as fresh vegetables and meats that the resort shops won't have. If you're planning on eating most meals out, however, and are just looking for breakfast and snack items, I think the resort shops are the better choice - not necessarily the better value, but after factoring in convenience and availability I think they're the better choice.

Also, if you're a DVC member, don't forget to ask for your 10% discount!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter