• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery pick up on the way Home?

francojoan

Earning My Ears
Have already ordered basic staples to be delivered to the room for upcoming stay at VWL. But am in need of diapers and formula.......Any suggestions on where to stop on our way from the airport??

Any replies greatly appreciated.

Joan and Frank:pinkbounc

Our last trip included 3 DGD in diapers. The parents just shipped the diapers to our hotel c/o of the name on the reservation. In fact we shipped micro pop corn, snack bars and a host of non perishable stuff. That worked out real well.

On the way from the airport, right off Orange Blossom Trail exit, there is an Albertson's in a shopping center. You can pretty much see if from the toll road. You can phone or fax your order ahead, and they will have it at the service desk ready for you to pick up. Phone number is 407-857-5666. Fax is 407-857-0132. There are also stores closer to WDW such as (Disney owned) Goodings, which is just off hotel plaza drive. Goodings is very expensive, but it's handy. There is also a new Winn Dixie which can be found by turning left at the light from hotel plaza drive instead of going straight across to Goodings. Also, on 192, there is a Super Walmart which is always very congested. There are several Publix grocery stores in the area, and at their website, they will give the locations. I prefer the more unhurried pace of the Albertson's coming in from the airport.

Here's another vote for that Albertson's. Excellent store.

There is also a SuperTarget on the way from the airport. You can search it up on their web site.

With both Target and WalMart within easy stopping distance, and that being where most people in the US buy diapers, I'd suggest stopping at the store you are most familiar with. I shop Target at home, so going into a WalMart (or any other store) always requires orientation, but Targets are pretty much Targets where ever they are (although sometimes they turn them around funny).

(Netgrocer will deliver both diapers and formula. I used to buy all my formula for my DD through netgrocer - it was nearly as cheap as stopping by the store and much more convienent)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter