Grocery delivery?

*Seanaci*

DIS-obsessed and proud!
I've not scoured google yet, but will do so after posting this. Just thought I'd check here first.

When we go to Disney World, we order groceries to our room through services near there (private service, separate from Disney itself). Going to Disneyland, we are wondering if there is any service similar to that? We would be looking at getting probably a case (or 2 of water), quick breakfast foods, snack-ish foods.

Thanks in advance!

We used Von's last year and it worked perfectly. The hotel held everything for us until we arrived.

We used Vons and had great service from them. However, the bell service of the on-property hotel would not hold it for us. I'd read here so many times that this was standard that it took me by surprise when the bellman said he had the delivery man waiting for me to come accept the delivery personally. Thankfully, we were there when the delivery arrived.

I had one problem after another with the Paradise Pier bell services.

We used Vons and had great service from them. However, the bell service of the on-property hotel would not hold it for us. I'd read here so many times that this was standard that it took me by surprise when the bellman said he had the delivery man waiting for me to come accept the delivery personally. Thankfully, we were there when the delivery arrived.

I had one problem after another with the Paradise Pier bell services.

I don't have experience with grocery delivery at the Paradise Pier, but at the Grand Californian, the only time I've had to be there to sign was if we had wine or beer in the order. When we had a late flight arrival and I knew I couldn't be there, we just left the alcohol off our order and it was waiting for us when we checked in. Was that the issue?

I don't have experience with grocery delivery at the Paradise Pier, but at the Grand Californian, the only time I've had to be there to sign was if we had wine or beer in the order. When we had a late flight arrival and I knew I couldn't be there, we just left the alcohol off our order and it was waiting for us when we checked in. Was that the issue?
Nope. No controlled substances in our order. I suspect it was just chaotic bell services as that's what I found the other times I tried to use their services.

We're staying at a good neighbor hotel...not on Disney property.

Maybe we'll just pay for a cab and go down to Target that's a few blocks away. :D

Thanks though!

OK, so then I have to ask how much can we fit in a standard room fridge in a DLR room? I'm just looking to hold a 1/2 gallon of milk, some juice boxes, water bottles and some fresh fruit (berries, apple slices, etc.) and cheese for snacks. @ WDW the fridge sizes (non-DVC) were dorm room size. From the pics I've seen, the fridges @ DLR seem smaller. Can't pack everything in our food suitcase.... :)

-Kevin

Maybe we'll just pay for a cab and go down to Target that's a few blocks away. :D

Thanks though!
I woud call them and ask about their policy on food deliveries. I've read that many GNH will accept the deliveries as well.

-Kevin

Thanks though!

I think most of the good neighbor hotels accept delivery. We always stay off property and have never had a problem with them turning down a Vons delivery. I agree with the poster above. I'd check with the hotel that you will be staying at. :)

We stay at the HoJo & use Safeway delivery. I placed my order online, use a coupon code for free delivery & scheduled for it to arrive 1 hour after we checked in.

Front desk called to let us know our delivery was here & they sent them to our room with a luggage cart. I was expecting that DH would have to meet them at front desk & schlep it himself but we got lucky! Everything worked smoothly & 1 hour after arriving at our hotel we were enjoying cold beverages poolside! ;)

OK, so then I have to ask how much can we fit in a standard room fridge in a DLR room? I'm just looking to hold a 1/2 gallon of milk, some juice boxes, water bottles and some fresh fruit (berries, apple slices, etc.) and cheese for snacks. @ WDW the fridge sizes (non-DVC) were dorm room size. From the pics I've seen, the fridges @ DLR seem smaller. Can't pack everything in our food suitcase.... :)

-Kevin

Hehe. My guess would be the fridges are roughly the same size as WDW room fridges. :)

Thanks all for suggestions! Calling the hotel to double check if they accept grocery orders is a great idea. And it'd be fantastic if we could get a coupon for free delivery...as right now that's what will hold us back from having it delivered...Vons has a $18 delivery charge for orders under $150. Although, right now they have a code on the site for free delivery on the first order...I'm not sure how long that code will last. We'll see the closer we get to our vacation!

Also, love the idea of using Safeway as well. :D

We have always had excellent service from Von's no matter where we have stayed.

Jack

Although, right now they have a code on the site for free delivery on the first order...I'm not sure how long that code will last. We'll see the closer we get to our vacation!

It's been there for a while now....@ least the past 2 1/2 mos. that I have been researching and planning our upcoming trip.

-Kevin

Hehe. My guess would be the fridges are roughly the same size as WDW room fridges. :)

Thanks all for suggestions! Calling the hotel to double check if they accept grocery orders is a great idea. And it'd be fantastic if we could get a coupon for free delivery...as right now that's what will hold us back from having it delivered...Vons has a $18 delivery charge for orders under $150. Although, right now they have a code on the site for free delivery on the first order...I'm not sure how long that code will last. We'll see the closer we get to our vacation!

As far as I know, the free delivery on the first order has been there for at least a couple of years because we used it over 2 years ago. A lot of people on here use the delivery service and I haven't seen any mention of the first delivery ever not being free, so I don't expect that to change in the near future. The delivery has to be a minimum of $49 for them to deliver it to you, and you can use the code on their website so that it is free.

disneyfan4ever54 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by *Seanaci*

Hehe. My guess would be the fridges are roughly the same size as WDW room fridges.

As far as I know, the free delivery on the first order has been there for at least a couple of years because we used it over 2 years ago. A lot of people on here use the delivery service and I haven't seen any mention of the first delivery ever not being free, so I don't expect that to change in the near future. The delivery has to be a minimum of $49 for them to deliver it to you, and you can use the code on their website so that it is free.

oh. cool. and thanks. I guess I didn't see where minimum to deliver was $49. guess I'll be doing some playing around pricing for what we order. :)

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We stayed at the Carousel Inn in mid May and had a good experience using Vons for delivery. I checked with the hotel in advance and was told it had to be all non-refrigerated items if I wasn't planning to be present at the time of delivery. We were at the parks when it came, and the hotel even put it in our room for us (some hotels will just hold it at the front desk).

Another great delivery service from Vons for us, too! We stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn, and they even put the refrigerated items in our fridge!

But, yes, it is a good idea to call ahead and find out their policies.

We found it pretty easy to reach the $49 limit. Soda, bottled water, shelf-stable milk and juice boxes for our toddler. We got pre-sliced apples, some bananas--basically portable park snacks, plus some breakfast items and snacks for the adults to eat during our DD's nap time and after getting home. You also might want to consider adding paper products. We got paper plates, a roll of paper towels, a small pack of baby wipes. They all came in very handy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter